Medical Support Technician II
Health & Wellness-Gen - 160700
Is this an internal posting only?
The University of North Texas (UNT) Student Health and Wellness center is a full service medical center offering general wellness and specialty medical care to all UNT students. The Student Health and Wellness Center is staffed with licensed physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, certified lab technologists, psychiatrists, registered nurses, registered dietitians, radiology technicians, and massage therapists.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Student Health & Wellness Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Medical Support Technician II to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Performing diagnostic laboratory procedures, including collecting specimens, performing in-house tests, and preparing specimens to be sent to reference laboratories.
* Performing clinical laboratory maintenance.
* Manage the SHWC laboratory.
* Maintain credentialing.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree in related field, specialized certification, and two years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Considerable knowledge of bacteriology and chemistry, particularly as related to the duties and responsibilities of making clinical laboratory determinations.
* Knowledge of the methods and techniques for making accurate clinical laboratory determinations, and ability to apply this knowledge to specific work assignments.
* Ability to operate clinical laboratory equipment.
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Previous college healthcare experience
* Previous experience in a CLIA-certified laboratory
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting