RN / Clinic Care Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
RN / Clinic Care Coordinator
Position #733232 - Requisition #09467
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Nursing has an opening for a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Registered Nurse (RN) / Clinic Care Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado College of Nursing, is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator for a part-time, hourly, non-benefitted, position at its Sheridan Health Services, Inc. (SHS)clinics, in Denver, CO (80236).This position is clinic based, 8-16 hours per week or as needed (.20-.40 FTE). This RN Care Coordinator should be team oriented and willing to uphold the Sheridan Health Services (SHS) mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, cost-effective, and met with a high degree of satisfaction. This position is responsible for providing patient care coordination including helping patients connect with specialty care, provide clinical care for children, and help families access available community services, as well as triaging patient phone calls throughout the day. The RN Care Coordinator will also fill the role of health coach, providing health education and support in making beneficial lifestyle changes to our patients.
Sheridan Health Services, Inc. (SHS) is a multi-site, nurse-managed federally qualified community health center, funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Healthcare; and is a collaborative effort between the College of Nursing and the Sheridan School District. There are now ~35 employees at two convenient locations to serve community health needs primarily for residents of Sheridan, Englewood, and North Littleton. A school-based clinic is located in the Sheridan Early Childhood Center building. The community health center is located on the Fort Logan campus and provides services to adults and children. Services offered include primary care across the lifespan; prenatal and postpartum midwifery care, gynecology, dentistry, pharmacy, behavioral health, and outpatient substance abuse treatment. We extend the reach of the clinic through public health outreach where nursing students provide community outreach, health education, and home visitation services.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Actively searches for beneficial programs and services for SHS patients.
- Maintains informative brochures and educational materials.
- Meets with patients to assess social and medical needs.
- Helps connect patients to specialty providers when needed.
- Networks with outside specialty providers to establish low/no cost care for patients.
- Works with other SHS providers to provide comprehensive and integrated care.
- Speaks with patients that call the clinic with health questions and provides guidance.
- Works with providers to address patient care needs over the phone.
- Calls patients with testing results and health education.
- Meets individually and in groups with patients to determine current diet and exercise levels.
- Encourages patients to set positive lifestyle changing goals in order to improve overall health and well-being.
- Follows up with established patients on a regular basis and helps them to assess goal progress and recognize achievements.
- Assists with patient care
- Assists with quality improvement projects.
- Assists with student orientation and learning
- Documents patient care using the electronic medical record system.
- Takes an active role in promoting and building the integrated health team.
- Takes on assigned projects as needed.
- Participates in community outreach events. (weekend availability for participation as needed)
- Serves as a resource for Medical Assistants
- Remain credentialed ensure credentialing materials stay current.
- Actively participates in marketing and patient recruitment
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Graduate with Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN licensure in good standing (any state) (Must have CO RN license by date of hire. Could be working toward CO clinical licenses during application process and registered with DORA-Department of Regulatory Agencies.)
- Previous experience with adult/family populations in an outpatient clinical setting
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience
- Experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center or public health setting
- Experience providing case management to low income families
- Bilingual (conversational level in Spanish and English)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of Colorado state immunization requirements
- HIPAA and OSHA compliance
- Intermediate level computer competency
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize organizational needs
- Ability to work independently and function collaboratively as a team member
- Highly responsible, reliable, and courteous
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Leadership skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. Copy of CPR/BLS certification 5. Copy of current RN license
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: May 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Smith
Posting Contact Email: Jennifer.email@example.com
Position Number: 00733232