Executive Director for Auxiliary Services
Job Title Executive Director for Auxiliary Services
Posting Number 20170078EX
Type of Employment Regular Full-Time
Position Type Staff - Exempt(Monthly)
Department Auxiliary Services Administration
The Executive Director for Auxiliary Enterprises is a new position at Murray State University providing the vision for a successful suite of business services. The incumbent will have senior-level management responsibility for organizational development, strategic planning, budgeting, and financial management oversight. Responsibility includes the coordination of financial, personnel, facilities management, marketing and student services auxiliary functions with core university departments. Auxiliary services include, dining services, university bookstore, vending services, central card office, and residence hall business and operational functions. Additional auxiliary units may be developed in the future if deemed beneficial to the University.
Minimum Education Requirements
The individual will hold at least a Bachelor's Degree in business, student personnel, educational administration, or closely related field.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• A minimum of 7 years of experience working on a college campus with progressive administrative experience leading multiple auxiliary service departments.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a large and diversified campus service organization.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of complex auxiliary budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty/staff, parents and the general public.
• Demonstrated managerial skills and evidence of the ability to participate effectively in major policy making of the University regarding auxiliary services.
• Advanced ability to develop original ideas and to solve problems
• Advanced interpersonal, leadership and analytical skills.
• Proven track record of working independently and creating new and innovative programs and change.
• Intermediate computer application skills, including importing/exporting data to/from different applications and MS Office Suite.
Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• Master's degree and/or a Certified Auxiliary Services Professional.
• Experience with auxiliary third-party contract management.
• Experience with self-operated auxiliary units.
• Experience with residential college systems.
Posting Date 07/07/2017
Closing Date 07/31/2017