Office Manager, Center for Community Engagement
Posting Number C858P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/21365
Working Title Office Manager, Center for Community Engagement
Position Number 12393
Department Ctr for Leadership & Community Engagement
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) was established in 2011 and serves as catalyst between the campus and the community, serving as "a door" for local nonprofits to engage students as volunteers in their programs. The CCE's core values are:
• Relationship Focused
• Student Driven
• Service Minded
Department Home Page http://service.uark.edu
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Administrative Specialist III (Office Manager) is responsible for coordinating office activities, researching and preparing special reports, and developing, revising, and recommending administrative policies and procedures as directed by supervisor. The Office Manager provides administrative support to the director and other professional staff members including coordinating day-to-day operations, maintaining volunteer data, maintaining and creating financial records and reports, purchasing supplies, and arranging travel for the department. The Office Manager supervises student front-desk employees and works with a student technical assistant to oversee the design and content management of department website.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Experience working in the University of Arkansas BASIS system
- Experience arranging travel for a group
- Experience supervising others
- Experience working with college students
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Web content management
- Microsoft Suite experience including advanced knowledge of excel and word
- Knowledge of simple design principles
- Ability to work independently
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Repetitive motion
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Arkansas Union
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C112
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? No
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 07/21/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have at least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field?
- * Do you have at least three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed?
- * Please indicate the years of experience that you have with the University of Arkansas BASIS system.
- No experience
- Less than six months of experience
- At least six months of experience, but less than one year
- One year or more of experience
- * Do you have experience with University or State of Arkansas travel policies/procedures?
- * Please identify your years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Less than one year
- More than one but less than two years
- More than two but less than three years
- Three or more years
- * Please describe your experience working with college students.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status