Salary: $45,624 - $65,436
Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Biomedical Sciences
Date Posted: 05/09/2017
Position Information: This position provides essential and high level administrative support for all functions and day-to-day operations in the School of Medicine (SOM), Division of Biomedical Sciences. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the calendar of Chair of the Division, ensuring the Chair has sufficient background materials necessary for meetings and/or travel itineraries. The incumbent will also provide administrative support to the Financial & Administrative Officer (FAO) as well as on special projects, perform special assignments, and work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative is needed in resolving problems and making recommendations. Incumbent will serve as focal point for communications; answering phones and screening/redirecting inquiries as appropriate. Incumbent will also serve as staff support to essential committees within the School of Medicine, inclusive of but not limited to, preparing necessary files, preparing agendas, taking minutes, following-up on action items and handling routine correspondence. Incumbent will also be responsible for processing purchase and travel requests/reimbursements and other routine accounting transactions for staff utilizing on-line financial systems.
The incumbent is expected to use mature judgment, informed decision making, concern for detail and timeliness, as well as, appropriate discretion to deal with complex, confidential and sensitive issues.
Minimum Requirements: 1. Four (4) years of related experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in extensive and progressively responsible executive level support.
3. Ability to function independently and take responsibility for results; organize workload with close attention to detail and accuracy; manage multiple tasks and timelines.
4. Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to compose business correspondence, edit and use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to handle sensitive/confidential information, issues and requests.
6. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy.
7. Ability to make appropriate decisions following established policies and procedures.
8. Skill in independently researching questions and making appropriate contacts when problem solving.
9. Demonstrated experience and expertise with computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and office equipment.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's degree in related field.
2. Demonstrated experience in extensive and progressively responsible executive level support in a school of medicine, medical center, or similar environment.
3. Knowledge of University of California policies and procedures.
4. Demonstrated experience with UCR's on-line financial, purchasing and recharge systems.
5. Knowledge and experience in an academic environment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview