Executive Administrative Specialist
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $76,500
The Executive Administrative Specialist provides executive level coordination and support to the Associate Dean/Chief Financial Administrative Officer (AD/CFAO) and the Executive Director of Finance for the School of Medicine (SOM), and when needed senior level management and staff in the Dean's office. provides executive level programmatic and administrative support on a wide range of issues, projects, programs, and on matters of importance to the School of Medicine and its financial affairs. Represents the SOM in a professional manner, exercising sound judgment, tact and the utmost discretion. Have thorough understanding of the priorities and expectations of the AD/CFAO and Executive Director of Finance and take these into account in coordinating their schedules. Manage their calendars, assuring they are fully briefed and have all relevant background materials for each engagement. Manage all aspects of their business. Strategize and advise in university communications, meetings/travel schedules, campus and community events, etc.. as it applies to each situation. Staff relevant SOM committees and work-groups; develop and distribute agendas, attend meetings, record highlights, track action items and initiate follow-up as necessary. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems for easy retrieval. Initiate policies and procedures within the office to achieve maximum efficiency. Assists with planning and execution of special projects to completion as directed.
Ability to remain flexible at all times with changing priorities and last minute changes.
Demonstrated ability to determine and locate relevant and reliable sources for the collection of information and data.
Demonstrated extensive and progressive experience providing project management and analytical support.
Ability to work with a diverse group at all levels of an organization including faculty, staff, students, senior administrators and external constituents.
Ability to compose correspondence that clearly and concisely provides information.
Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Skill and experience using office software applications, such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to develop analytical summaries, reports, and correspondence.
Demonstrated extensive and progressive experience providing high-level executive, project management and analytical support in a medical school, medical center, or hospital environment.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of academic and administrative structure of UCR.
Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview