Financial Services Analyst 1
8AM - 5PM
$36,600 - $54,400
Under the general supervision of the Financial Operations Manager (FOM), will review and reconcile monthly general ledgers as well as the bi-weekly and monthly payroll expenditure (DOPE) reports, and facilitate new hire requests. Process expense transfers, gift acceptance forms and check deposits. Provide ad hoc financial reports and analyses to FOM and FAO as needed. Assist with the annual fiscal closing process and other general accounting tasks. The Analyst 1 will also provide support for the Center for Conservation Biology. This includes support for IT, website maintenance, contract & grants, meetings and events.
Basic knowledge of financial or accounting concepts, processes and procedures.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Interpersonal skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
Basic knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview