Specialist - Outreach-Fixed Term
MTRAC Commercialization Project DirectorPosition Summary
Under the general direction of and reporting jointly to theLead Academic PI of the Michigan Translational Research and Commercialization (MTRAC) program and the Executive Director of MSU Technologies, this position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the MTRAC translational research and technology commercialization programs. This position will carry the secondary title of Associate Director of Technology Transfer.
Information on early stage university technology and commercial opportunities will be transferred with agri-business industrial contacts in Michigan and nationally, venture capital investors, technology development partners, and community economic development leaders.Required Degree
Bachelors -Science, Agriculture, Plant BiologyDesired Degree
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a science field preferably with an emphasis in an agricultural or plant biology discipline.
- A total of at least 10 years combined work experience in the private sector with agri-business or life science companies and/or experience in a major research university technology transfer office is required.
- Business development, startup or business formation experience is required.
- Experience in managing a translational research program focused on commercialization within a research university is highly desirable.
- Experience in new technology assessment and the estimation of its commercial impact such as experience working with Michigan Universities and their technology transfer programs and/or experience working with the MEDC as a grantee is preferred.
- Ability to build trust, mentor and advise scientific faculty on managing a project toward a successful commercial outcome.
Applicants are required to submit CV, Cover Letter, and provide a minimum of three references.Special Instructions
Applicants are required to submit CV, Cover Letter, and provide a minimum of three references.