General Description of Position: The Internal Audit Department is seeking applicants for Senior Auditor position responsible for performing audits of Kansas State University to ensure effectiveness of internal controls and efficiency of operations. Information about the Department: Visit the Internal Audit Department website: http://www.k-state.edu/internalaudit/ Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Job Description:
Schedule, manage, and perform project activities for multiple audit engagements in an effective and efficient manner and in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Specific duties include:
- Serve as "lead auditor" and/or "auditor in charge" for other auditors to ensure audit objectives are met. Assign audit tasks to team members and provide appropriate coaching and guidance to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Mentor and train audit team, perform other special projects and office work as required.
- Develop and implement appropriate audit methodologies including ICQ's and audit programs and tests. Determine areas of risk, and evaluate their significance in relation to preparing preliminary audit plans and audit programs.
- Coordinate data retrieval and analysis as appropriate to individual audit projects.
- Conduct research on subject matters related to the audit.
- Understand relevant federal, state and University policies and procedures to assess compliance.
- Document information and conclusions in an organized and useful manner. Ability to not only identify audit issues, but also offer recommendations and solutions to the Audit Director.
- Conduct interview and meetings with audit clients and stakeholders to elicit useful, relevant, and reliable information.
- Draft or review work summaries and audit reports assuring sufficient clarity and conciseness, grammatical and spelling accuracy. Develop professional audit reports supported by competent evidential data and presenting observations and making recommendations for improving operations, financial and other records and strengthening internal controls.
- Deliver informative, clear, and concise presentations to University Managers and senior administrators.
- Professional certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Auditing experience at a public research university.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job with a minimum of three years related experience.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the job may substitute for one year of related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Tact and leadership skills to successfully manage multiple on-going audit projects.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information of at least three professional references.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.Screening of Applications Begins: Applications Screening begins July 28, 2017, and will continue until filled. Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$46,534 to $74,455
*Minimum Salary for this position is $46,534. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate’s experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.