Canada 150 Research Chairs
Canada 150 Research Chair Positions
The University of Regina invites applications for 5 full-time, permanent faculty positions at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Professor for nomination to a Canada 150 Research Chair in the following areas:
- Forensic Decision Making – Faculty of Arts
- Indigenous Communities and Economic Development – First Nations University of Canada and Faculty of Arts
- Ground Security and Land Management – Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- Artificial Intelligence – Faculty of Science
- Water, Environment and Sustainability – Faculty of Science
The successful candidates must be outstanding, internationally based researchers whose accomplishments in the identified field have been recognized to have made major impacts.
The candidate will contribute to the advancement of institutional research goals by increasing demonstrable research outcomes that will enhance University’s international research reputation and increasing research collaborations.
The successful candidate will have a PhD (or appropriate terminal degree for the discipline) and be an established or emerging leader in her/his field as evidenced by an exceptional record of research, funding, scholarship, teaching and mentorship. All candidates are subject to the approval of the Canada Research Chair Secretariat as a Canada Research Chair.
The new Canada 150 Research Chair Program has been established by the Government of Canada to foster research excellence (http://www.chairs-chaires.gc.ca). For the Canada 150 Research Chair program only, you must be an internationally based researchers (both working and residing outside of Canada), to be eligible to apply. Researchers who are currently working at Canadian institutions are not eligible.
The application deadline for this exciting opportunity is 20 July 2017. For full details on the University of Regina, these exciting opportunities and the application process please visit:
The University of Regina is committed to development of an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University's employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation.
More jobs like this
- C-Level & Executive Directors Research Staff & Technicians jobs in Engineering & Mathematics
- C-Level & Executive Directors Research Staff & Technicians jobs in Chemical & Biological Engineering
- C-Level & Executive Directors Research Staff & Technicians jobs in Science & Technology
- C-Level & Executive Directors Research Staff & Technicians jobs in Chemistry & Biochemistry
- C-Level & Executive Directors Research Staff & Technicians jobs in Computer Science & Information Technology