Manager, Multimedia Production
Manager, Multimedia Production
University of San Francisco
The Manager, Multimedia Production is an experienced, highly organized manager of multimedia products, especially videos and photos, that educate, inspire and engage stakeholders for the university's website, social media and other channels. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Manager, Multimedia Production plays an important role in enhancing the visibility and reputation of the university and its schools, colleges, student life, centers and institutes. The position is responsible for managing all production aspects including interpretation of creative concepts, supervision of staff, student and freelance photographers and videographers, communication with clients, and integration with all other marketing communication executions.
• Contributes to the content management strategy and the coordination of multimedia with to effectively communicate the university’s brand messaging, people, programs, and impact.
• Works with Creative Director to execute agency-quality professional videos to communicate educational, inspiring, and engaging storytelling to increase university awareness and support.
• Translates creative direction and creative briefs into engaging and effective visual executions.
• Manages the video and photo production process; provides project direction for shooting, editing, duplication, and distribution process, including planning and management of project time lines.
• Plans and facilitates studio and field-based video and photo production including camera operation, editing, set and lighting design and audio production.
• Collaborates to publish multimedia across platforms, including USF’s website, social media, newsroom, and for broadcast
• Provides insight and support for strategically maximizing all video and photo posts to all platforms including YouTube, Flickr and other multimedia-hosting platforms.
• Works cross-functionally and collaboratively to offer media production support for all areas of the Marketing Communications department.
• Searches, identifies, and consults on the use of external resources (e.g. video production agency, freelancers, talent, etc.).
• Build and maintain the USF Media Library, utilizing OMC’s digital asset management system.
• Produce and maintain a library of b-roll footage within the USF Media Library featuring campus beauty shots, on-campus academic settings, student life and students at all levels benefiting from the university’s and San Francisco’s unique resources and opportunities.
• Supervises staff and student videographers and photographers.
• Provides regular and effective feedback to staff including annual appraisals.
• Provides recommendations for professional development and performance growth opportunities for staff that align with division and university goals.
• Manages searches to recruit staff and student positions.
• Train and supervise staff and student interns; assuring the quality of their work, scheduling, reviewing, and approving their time.
• Creates and maintains a spirit of collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork through effective modeling, management, and motivation.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Understanding and appreciation of USF’s mission and values.
Bachelor’s degree in a field directly related to media production.
A minimum of five years of experience in media production. Experience working with online and social media a plus.
Record of producing agency-quality visual executions. Preference given to candidates with demonstrated experience in still photography.
Ability to efficiently organize work, work calmly under pressure, and to effectively and diplomatically communicate and negotiate. The ability to set priorities, make decisions, and readily adjust to change.
A consistent commitment to organizational goals and priorities and quality customer service.
Proficiency with or ability to learn project-tracking software.
A proven track record of collaboration and teamwork.
Some evening and weekend work is required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.