When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: EDCAW
- Job Type: Full Time
- Hours: Varied
- Schedule: Monday - Friday (Will include evenings and Saturdays)
- Position Location: On Ground - Springfield, MA
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Student Services at The American Women's College (TAWC), this position plays a key role in supporting undergraduate students by providing an array of services designed to assist them with successful completion of their degree. By joining an innovation team focused on enhancing recruitment, retention, and degree attainment for its undergraduate adult learners, this individual will facilitate academic success by helping students make informed decisions about achieving their educational goals.
The Educator Coach will provide information to students on degree requirements, academic policies and procedures specific to the student's discipline, as well as graduation requirements; assist students with decisions about fields of study, course selections, academic and administrative procedures, policies and services; guide students toward realistic and attainable academic and career goals; monitor academic progress of students; administer on-going outreach and communication with students; facilitate learning communities and assist with other activities to enhance the student experience such as orientations, tutoring services, disability accommodations.
- Provide a highly supportive, challenging, and collaborative experience for students as they enter, move through, and complete their study through The American Women's College at Bay Path University
- Actively support ethical growth and transformational learning in fulfillment of the mission and vision of Bay Path University for its undergraduate women
- Support each student holistically by developing plans for student success including referrals to career services, disability services, tutoring or counseling needs
- Assist in developing or administering virtual events such as orientation, webinars, ceremonies, graduation activities
- Advise up to 200 students in all of the majors, with knowledge of all degree audits to guide students appropriately in course selections
- Train and empower students to understand their own degree program requirements, including degree audits, course needs and prerequisites
- Facilitate productive and positive interaction between students and between students and instructors/staff with thorough knowledge of available institutional resources
- Conduct remote information, mentoring, coaching, and training sessions for students using a variety of technological tools and develop useful virtual resources for adult learners
- Be capable of 'on-the-spot' advising through virtual Advising Center
- Provide pro-active and productive engagement with students based on data gathered from various administrative systems or modeling/risk scoring initiatives
- Reach out to students on warning status for satisfactory academic progress by strategizing with student on the appropriate academic success plan
- Maintain thorough and accurate documentation of activity utilizing technological tools such as a CRM and Student Information System
- Work collaboratively as a critical member of the retention team (admissions, faculty, career services, academic directors, registrar, financial services) to insure that students receive the best experience possible while carrying out and adhering to critical institutional policies
- Evaluate processes and procedures and make recommendations for continuous improvement in the student experience
- Support recruitment, marketing, admissions, orientation and retention activities as needed
- Attend trainings as required.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in academic advising, student recruitment/retention, student services administration, or counseling, preferably for an online and/or adult population.
- Proficiency with computerized student information systems and constituent relationship management systems.
- Detail oriented with commitment to data collection and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development concepts, principles, practices in academic advising strategies.
- Innovative thinker with a desire to constantly improve.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a wide range of people and groups.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Full understanding of FERPA regulations and ability to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- This position is not remote. Must be able to work out of the Springfield, MA location and travel to One-Day campus locations as requested
- Passion for the University's mission, purpose and goals and commitment in achieving those goals.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.