Construction Site Superintendent
Job Summary: The Project Superintendent's responsibility is to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the Work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote a positive project morale.
- To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect.
- To assist the Project Manager and the Scheduling Manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- To plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- To coordinate, direct, monitor, and with the Assistant Superintendent(s) and the technical coordinators, (project specific as required) inspect the activities of the Subcontractors, Suppliers labor and material.
- To verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract, a Schedule of Values and a Safety Program.
- To see that all required permits or licenses have been obtained.
- To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- To chair weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings with the subcontractors and to issue typewritten minutes to the Project Manager as a result thereof.
- To insure that subcontractor enforces their safety programs including the holding of toolbox safety meetings and site safety meetings.
- 30 Hour OSHA training
- Knowledgeable with blue prints, specs and scopes of work for all trade work being conducted
- Have an understanding of project cost analysis and effectively use Microsoft Word & Excel, Project, Google Drive and email.
- Bachelors in Construction Management or equivalent field experience.
BCMW&C is West Michigan's experts in metal fabrication. We offer our clients a high quality product, fabricated to the tightest tolerance possible, all at a competitive price.
Located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, our on-site, state of the art machinery and specialized saws enable us to bring you precision weldments. Our services range from precision saw cut parts, to completely assembled and painted products. Let us take care of all of your fabrication and sourcing needs.
BCMW&C makes an array of different products for purchase, including specialty products for the Craft Beer/Spirit industry. Those products range from custom double growler carriers to custom beer flight carriers and tap handles.
We work with some of the largest corporations in the Midwest providing them with all of their miscellaneous metal needs. If you've got a project requiring metal work, we can make it happen.
We also do work in the residential sector with both homeowners and some of the top luxury residential builders in the area. Some of the work includes stair railings, ceiling grids, custom bars, shelving, light fixtures, and much more.
Grand Rapids, MI
Thu, 6 Jul 2017 08:54:32 PDT