Healthcare Construction Project Manager
The Project Manager/Senior located in Tampa, Florida manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome for assigned projects. The Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare preliminary schedule and work with the Superintendent to develop and update the master project schedule monthly
- Perform constructability reviews and work with Estimators on alternate construction means and methods, site logistics, general requirements, hoisting systems, and staffing requirements
- Participate in preconstruction meetings with Owner / Architect - monitor document design and development, establish goals and milestones for document packages and generally monitor project development to ensure it can be procured within budget and on schedule
- Purchasing trade packages as assigned by the Project Director
- Review and approve subcontract drafts before issuance to Subcontractor
- Ensure a fully executed contract, with bonds and insurance, is in place before work begins
- Staff projects accordingly and assign project team responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all standard company processes and utilization of technology (Prolog, BIM, etc.)
- Manage accounting functions and budget. Prepare schedule of values or cost loaded schedule and implement billing process in accordance with company guidelines and contract terms. Expedite Owner payments and establish positive cash flow
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor schedule of values, invoices and accounts payable. Ensure on-time payment to Subcontractors and Vendors
- Prepare and submit owner Change Order Requests, review Owner Change Orders and prepare Job Cost Budget Updates
- Responsible for accurate cost coding and quantity reporting for self-perform Work
- Prepare and Submit accurate monthly Project Status Reports. Identify and manages risk and opportunities proactively and develops mitigation and capture strategies
- Monitor the progress of construction activities on a regular basis and hold status meetings with subcontractors
- Manages delays and associated cost or time impacts
- Assist the company in marketing and business development efforts and advise management of potential project opportunities
- Prepare detailed as-built cost breakdown for input into historic cost database
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
- Other duties assigned
JOB SKILLS & ABILITIES GUIDELINES:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Proven experience of Manhattan document control and schedule software
- Thorough understanding of industry
- Understanding of contracts and risk management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good math/accounting skills
- Strong management skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Required - Bachelor's Degree- Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- Required - 8+ years of project management construction with the Healthcare industry
- Required - Advanced Knowledge and experience with AHCA
At Manhattan Construction, we focus on building excellence for all of our clients. During the last century we have established a strong bond of trust with our clients and the communities in which we build.
Client-Focused Business Decisions: We are privately-held and make decisions to maintain client and community relationships for the long-term, not short term Wall Street gains.
Responsible Management: We follow through on our commitments. Even with the fluctuations in the economy throughout the last century of doing business, we have never failed to complete a project.
Strong Business Model: Our project portfolio backlog is a balanced mix of private and public work among multiple project types providing financial stability as markets change.
Financially Strong: We have zero debt. Our bonding capacity is approximately $1.5+ billion demonstrating the high level of confidence our surety firms have in our financial strength.
Best Value : Our experienced team delivers Builder-Driven Pre-Construction and Construction services that help you maximize the dollar value for your project and find efficiencies in the schedule while at the same time making the building process easier for you.
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:46:05 PDT