IT Specialist (support role)
The Information Technology Specialist's role is to help plan, organize, and assist staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT infrastructure. This includes maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The IT Specialist will also coordinate activities with a team of specialists to monitor, diagnose and resolve hardware, software and network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Summary of Responsibilities
- General personal computer and software set up.
- Support, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated maintenance plans for IT management.
- Set up and maintenance of phone system and all headsets.
- Web programming, support and testing.
- Perform basic server/network maintenance and troubleshooting, including maintaining our backup tape library.
- Communicate regular written and in-person updates with the organization's executives, decision-makers, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- Training as needed for staff as well as abeo clients on IT related issues.
- Minimum 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, FTP, Secure FTP, HTTP, HTTPS.
- Working knowledge of SQL, IIS, Coldfusion, and Active Directory.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Assist with office maintenance when necessary
abeo is a leading medical billing company providing revenue cycle management, practice management and software solutions to help anesthesiology and surgery center clients with the billing and management of their practice or facility. We look for self motivated, hard working people who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Thu, 6 Jul 2017 08:29:59 PDT