Graduate Admissions Specialist (Part-time, temporary)
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: GRADS
- Job Type: Part-time, Temporary (July 2017 to October 2017)
- Hours: 12 pm to 4 pm
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Position Location: Longmeadow
Reporting to the Senior Director of Graduate Admissions assigned to the Longmeadow campus, the Graduate Admissions Specialist supports graduate admissions and student support as needed for additional programs. This position assists with assigned files, event planning and webinars, and phone calls from interested students, Additionally, this position is responsible for the maintenance of all admissions files including student documents, transcripts, and letters as well as the scheduling of appointments and assisting with the planning of admissions recruitment and orientation events. This position assists students with needs and requests both academically and life-related as needed.
- Assists with the organizing of orientations, information sessions, on and off-site events, recruitment tours, campus visits, and other workshops or sessions. These details include notification of potential students and staff, arrangements for food, equipment, materials, and room reservations, tracks attendance and ensures the effective operation of the registration process.
- This position also supports student services for students as needed. Includes acceptance requirements such as letters, verification and study plans.
- Handles all departmental written and email correspondence with potential students. This includes preparing letters in the mail flow that have been written by the Director or Dean.
- Assists Senior Director with inquiries with responses, tracking, and follow-up as well as applications, organizing documents, requesting any missing materials and keeping files.
- Coordinates the preparation of materials and gifts for special events, fairs, travel.
- Prepares all course deposits, applications, inquiries, and accurately enters the required database information.
- Maintains potential student files accurately and forwards to the appropriate departments the originals of all Financial Aid, student records, and medial information received from students.
- Performs routine recruitment duties as assigned.
- Attend training as required for position.
- Assist staff with processing invoices, financial keeping and budget
- Associate degree preferred or some college.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent computer skills, thorough knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Computer programming skills and experience with sophisticated databases highly desirable.
- Ability to organize many projects and handle detail with accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of constituencies.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously with diplomacy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse, busy office environment.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must project a positive, professional image.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Discretion, diplomacy with ability to handle sensitive, confidential matters and ability to adhere to FERPA and HIPPA regulations
- Experience effectively engaging backgrounds, identities, and communities different from one's own.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.