To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department: Facilities
Position Type: Staff/Classified
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: Starting at $4,155.75 per month
Working Hours: One regular, full-time position, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, on the Oceanside campus. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply and submit application materials through MiraCosta College's online application system at https://jobs.miracosta.edu Once you are in the system, we strongly advise you to read the information on "How to Apply" and the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number by 11:59 PM on the closing date:
1. Application for classified employment on which you list all relevant experience.
2. Cover letter addressed to the "Screening and Interview Committee" specifically describing how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications, representative duties, and knowledge and abilities as described in the job posting.
3. Current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
NOTE: Do not submit any additional documents as they will be removed.
NOTE: When you "APPLY FOR THIS POSTING," you will eventually be asked to answer the additional question(s) listed below. Your answers will appear toward the bottom of the application form.
- MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Describe your own commitment to diversity and how you will meet the minimum qualifications of "sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of community college students."
The screening and interview committee will review application materials three to four weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and 4) fingerprint clearance.
Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6854 at least five days prior to the closing date.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for these positions.
Basic Function and Other Details:
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, perform a variety of equipment and transportation maintenance duties. Provide safe and appropriate environment for facilities equipment and vehicles for the use of faculty and staff. Implement maintenance and repairs of power equipment, machinery and vehicles to ensure safe operation.
(E = essential job function)
1. Dispense and monitor fuel usage; organize storage of equipment and vehicles in the facilities yard; evaluate equipment and vehicles for cleanliness and safe operation. (E)
2. Coordinate and implement transportation of equipment and vehicles to off-site locations including: car-washes, dealerships, other campus locations and various vendors. (E)
3. Plan, schedule and implement 3,000 mile, 100 hour or annual routine maintenance of equipment and vehicles including: filter and oil changes, tire safety inspections and rotations, proper waste oil disposal and updating maintenance records. (E)
4. Perform miscellaneous adjustments and repairs on small and large powered and non-powered equipment, public safety, transportation and utility vehicles including: brakes, carburetors, clutches, electrical systems, engines, hydraulic systems, power train components and transmissions. (E)
5. Perform daily, weekly and monthly safety checks and inspections of public safety, transportation and utility vehicles, grounds equipment and other mechanical equipment. Adjust, repair and replace parts as necessary; ensure vehicles meet state and local standards for public transportation and safety compliance. (E)
6. Assist with the implementation of a preventive maintenance program for district equipment and vehicles including: maintaining records of work performed, parts used and time required for each piece of equipment and vehicle. (E)
7. Assist in determination of the need for outside assistance with major repairs, technical advisement and alternative options.
8. Assist in providing training for district personnel in proper use and safe operation of district equipment and vehicles.
9. Assist with monitoring and reordering fuel, parts, shop supplies and tools as needed.
10. Maintain cleanliness and organization of shop environment including: parts inventory, tool storage, equipment placement and overnight cart parking.
11. File a variety of records and perform data entry.
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
Type of Benefits:
Full benefit package which includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
1. Equivalent to graduation from high school AND
2. One year of related work experience AND
3. Possession of certificate in forklift safety training AND
4. Valid California driver license AND
5. District-approved DMV driving Record.
NOTE: For work experience, one "year" is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Closing Date: 7-27-2017
First Screening Date:
Human Resources Contact Information:
email@example.com or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 112 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, and parts of Carmel Valley.
MiraCosta offers associate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities that strengthen the economic, cultural, social, and educational well-being of the communities it serves.
The district consists of three campus sites and a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving about 12,000 credit students, has been located since 1964 on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, on 48 acres below the bluffs overlooking the San Elijo Lagoon Reserve. The San Elijo Campus opened in September 1988, and now attracts about 3,000 credit students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 4,000 students in the college's noncredit classes including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes as well as some college credit classes.