Admissions Recruiter, Part Time
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ADMPT
- Job Type: Part Time
- Hours: Up to 28 hours per week
- Schedule: Varied; 27 weeks per year
- Position Location:Longmeadow
The Admissions Recruiter is responsible for assisting in the recruitment of first year students for various majors offered by Bay Path University and that are delivered at the Longmeadow campus. This position works primarily in the northeast and will cover various college fairs, high school fairs, and other recruitment oriented events. At the fairs and events, the Admissions Recruiter will be responsible for presenting to students, parents, and guidance counselors the important facts about the University as well as the majors, scholarships, internships, and all other related information. He/she may also respond to emails, cover fairs for other admissions counselors, follow up with phone calls to interested individuals, and assist at admissions events. As a member of the admissions team, he/she is responsible for providing accurate information about Bay Path University and presenting the appropriate image and demeanor.
- Assists with the recruitment and enrollment of new first year students; may conduct inquiry calls as a follow up to meeting students.
- Meets with prospective students at college fairs and high school fairs, and answers their questions about the University, educational programs, career choices, financial aid, and the application process and provides encouragement and follow-up as needed.
- Represents the University at various exhibits, college fairs and information sessions in identified areas.
- Responsible for all required administrative paperwork, internal documentation, and travel expense forms as part of the admissions work and procedure.
- Maintains potential student files accurately and processes according to the University's policies related to admissions
- Follows up with students after meeting them at events through email, phone, or by writing note cards.
- Primary territory for this position will be to travel to areas outside of New England (mainly New York, Long Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania) and recruit students as well as assist with some travel within New England.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Detail orientated with good planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as well as in a team environment.
- Experience in admissions, student advising, traveling and program development and implementation preferred.
- Experience recruiting and marketing academic programs preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Commitment to undergraduate education.
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to handle ability to handle confidential information and matters with discretion and in alignment with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.