Health Promotion Specialist
Center for Health & Wellness
Summary of the Position
The Health Promotion Specialist develops, implements, and evaluates a strategic and comprehensive health promotion program in accordance with the mission of Bentley University, the Division and Student Affairs and the Centers for Health, Counseling & Wellness. Using theory informed practices, campus and national data, evidence supported programs and a socially inclusive framework, this position provides collaborative and comprehensive programs designed to increase students' physical, emotional and behavioral health capacities in order to optimize personal development, engagement and academic success.
The Health Promotion Specialist supports the University's health coaching and B.A.S.I.C.S. (Brief Alcohol Screening Intervention for College Students) programs by facilitating individual and group based interventions from a motivational framework. This position also co-advises the Wellness Educators (WE's), a wellness focused peer education and programming board.
- Design a theoretically grounded, comprehensive and inclusive health promotion program.
-Coordinate and co-manage the operations of the WE (Wellness Educator) Peer Outreach and programming group.
- Provide (MI) motivational interviewing following the BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening Intervention for College Students) modality for Alcohol, Tobacco and Marijuana for students who self refer, or are referred through the conduct system and clinical staff.
-Assist with the Departmental Health Coaching program by meeting with individual clients to support goal setting and behavior change and or running small work groups for students with similar goals.
-Support the campus-wide prevention programs for alcohol and other drugs as well as sexual assault and relationship violence.
- Coordinate and provide best practice outreach programs to the campus community on health and wellness topics through a variety of outlets including in-person, print and social media.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on and off campus to communicate student health needs and serve as representative for the Centers for Health, Counseling & Wellness to promote unified mission to various constituencies, including faculty, staff and students.
- Lead campus task force in developing Healthy Campus 20/20 framework and providing guidance for campus constituents towards achieving these goals.
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
- Master's Degree in health education, public health, health promotion, health communications, social work or related field.
– At least 2 years work experience directly related to the responsibilities specified for this position.
– Experience working with adolescents/young adults.
- Strong knowledge of health promotion and student development theories.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging issues in college health and adolescent development.
- Experience in educational program development and implementation.
- Exceptional communication and public speaking skills in order to effectively deliver programs and health promotion materials to diverse audiences.
- Excellent computer skills and previous experience generating website content is required.
-Experience in research methods, including quantitative and qualitative, and experience in program evaluation.
- Fiscal management skills.
- Grant writing skills are desirable.
-Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES or MCHES)
-Experience with motivational interviewing strongly preferred
Need to carry materials into residence halls and classrooms for programs. Stamina is needed for late night programs.
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a masters degree?
- * Do you have at least 2 years of related experience?
- * Please describe your experience as a student leader, and/or experience advising a peer education and outreach program.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience providing motivational interviewing for health related behaviors.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
, The Health Promotion Specialist develops, implements, and evaluates a strategic and comprehensive health promotion program in accordance with the mission of Bentley University, the Division and Student Affairs and the Centers for Health, Counseling &