Transfer Admissions Counselor
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: TRADC
- Job Type: Full Time
- Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm; Some evening and weekend hours may be required
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Position Location: Longmeadow
The Transfer Admissions Counselor focuses primarily on direct student recruitment and the implementation of initiatives integral to the department's recruitment strategies and goals.
- Travel to and represent college at college transfer fairs and visits to establish relationships with prospective students, parents, college advisors and teachers.
- Build upon existing relationships in the Boston area. Specifically, North Shore CC, Middlesex CC, Bunker Hill CC, Mass Bay CC, Quinsigamond CC, and Massasoit Community College.
- Connect with all community colleges in Massachusetts
- Develop and strengthen assigned territory by researching trends, demographics, etc., and exploring marketing opportunities.
- Prioritize and coordinate community college visits for travel seasons.
- Make presentations to classes, clubs/organizations, and/or community groups as necessary.
- Cold call inquiries to generate campus visits and applications.
- Follow-up with all inquiries and applicants by phone, email, and mail, using the department's version of "predictive modeling" (I,L,H etc.).
- Establish and maintain relationships with prospective students from inquiry through matriculation.
- Interview prospective students and meet with their families.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively work both independently and in a team environment.
- High level of organization and motivation.
- Ability to report and interpret statistical data, make recommendations and projections.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Creative ideas and enthusiasm.
- Experience developing relationships with people of different ages, genders, and backgrounds.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends, evenings and overnights during travel seasons.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.