Operations Manager (Great Plains IDEA)
General Description of Position: The Operations Manager will oversee the work of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA). The Great Plains IDEA is a multi‐institutional alliance that offers graduate and undergraduate distance education programs in the human sciences and agriculture. Under a contract with the Great Plains IDEA Cabinet, Kansas State University provides management services to Great Plains IDEA. Additional information about Great Plains IDEA can be found at www.gpidea.org. The Operations Manager will work directly with the Great Plains IDEA governing boards and the administrators and faculty of the 19 member universities along with the management team staff. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. The Successful Candidate will:
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the operations and administration of all aspects of the consortium in a manner consistent with the alliance principles of collaboration, shared leadership, and providing high quality distance education teaching and learning opportunities. The Great Plains IDEA community includes university administration, colleges and academic departments, faculty, professional staff, and students. The Operations Manager will maintain working relationships with all these constituents, responding to information requests, providing consultation on alliance policy and procedures, facilitating communication and the open exchange of ideas, and decision making that supports delivery of alliance academic programs.
The IAA/GPIdea Operations Manager will be knowledgeable and able to perform at all levels of the alliance and must have the ability to anticipate needs, determine work priorities, and monitor progress toward goals. Essential abilities include working in a highly collaborative environment, appreciating diverse points of view, and a proactive approach to management . Areas of responsibility include financial management, day-to-day alliance operations, governance, program assessment and data analysis, and academic program support. The position of IAA/GPIdea Operations Manager is located in the Kansas State University College of Human Ecology and reports to the Dean of the College.Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years leadership and/or organizational management experience in higher education
- Experience with online education as a student, teacher or other support role
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in person, by phone and online
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex projects, solve problems, and initiate and direct activities in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability at team/consensus building and facilitating dialog
- Experience or coursework in higher education administration
- Experience with higher education financial management, budget preparation
- Creativity and innovation in building new higher education initiatives
- Experience in web site maintenance
- Experience working with governing board
- Knowledge/experience in educational technology
- Understanding of best practices in online education
Submit letter of interest, resume, and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references, electronically
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
For questions regarding the application process, contact Carol Hockersmith, email@example.com or 785.532.1999.Screening of Applications Begins:
Review of applications will begin August 1, 2017 and continue until position is filled.
***This is a 12-month appointment.****Salary Range / Pay Rate: $53,515 - $85,623 Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.