Biological Scientist II
Biological Scientist IIJob Description:
- Incorporate purified genomic bacterial deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) into quantitative polymeras chain reaction (qPCR) assays to determine the extent of colonization by specific bacterial species relativeto the total microbiota. Analyze existing methodologies, formulate hypotheses, modify established procedures, and oversee their execution.
- Oversee scoring of caries and analyze results using statistical associations between animal groups. Modify existing statistical approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
- Assist in training, supervising, and evaluating results obtained by laboratory students andtechnical staff members.
- Search scientific literature and/or interact with other University of Florida (UF) researchers to evaluate and modify existing protocols to improve existing techniques.
- Keep detailed documenttion of procedures, work performed, data, and results. Assist in reviewing, approving, and interpreting results. Provide input for research papers and abstracts.
- Oversee routine lab procedures, arrange equipment repairs and maintenance, interface with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), and maintain practices in accordance with all EH&S and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) regulations.
$28,500 - $33,000Minimum Requirements:
Doctoral degree in biology or a closely related field; or a master’s degree in biology or a closely related field and one year of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in biology or a closely related field and three years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Master’s degree in biology or a closely related field and one year of research experience in biology or a related field.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, please upload your cover letter and resume.
Criminal Background Screening required.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: Yes