Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations
Saint Michael's College delivers a compelling, world-class education in a beautiful Vermont setting. Our connected community allows students to form close relationships with each other and accomplished faculty and staff members, providing an ideal learning environment where they have the space and support to challenge themselves and their peers. As a fully residential college located minutes from Burlington, one of the country's top-rated college towns, Saint Michael's offers an unparalleled mix of academic, spiritual, cultural, service and wilderness experiences. Saint Michael's is among the elite ranks of only 283 colleges and universities nationwide allowed to host a Phi Beta Kappa national honor society chapter on campus, making it clear why Newsweek magazine labeled the college a "hidden treasure" that "deserves more national recognition." The College is included in the Princeton Review's Best 379 Colleges, earning a spot on the Green College Honor Roll for demonstrating a strong commitment to sustainability. Surrounded by the beautiful Green Mountains and Lake Champlain, and only 3.5 hours from Boston and 1.5 hours from Montreal, the area offers abundant recreational and cultural opportunities. To learn more, visit smcvt.edu.
The Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations is part of the team that ensures donors to Saint Michael's College (SMC) are thanked and reported to in a timely and meaningful way. Through cultivating existing relationships and supporting the establishment, retention and growth of new ones, the Associate Director will strengthen SMC's development program. This person will be responsible for leading and managing initiatives aimed at elevating the SMC donor experience. These initiatives include custom stewardship opportunities such as personalized acknowledgements, narrative and financial impact reports, and unique and exclusive donor benefits. All stewardship and donor reporting practices will further the goals of both the College and the department of Institutional Advancement. Our stewardship activities will educate, engage, inspire and thank donors for their generosity.
- Tracks stewardship activities and assists in ensuring written reports are sent to donor(s) annually.
- Leads execution of acknowledgment program that meaningfully recognizes donor(s) gifts. Coordinates the production of thank you letters for all giving levels; works with development officers to craft personalized letters; refreshes all letter language quarterly; and provides stewardship support for event follow-up correspondence. Occasionally assists with correspondence for the President and VPIA.
- Oversees and executes regular stewardship communications for donor giving societies that keep key donors engaged with Saint Michael's College. In close collaboration with the Annual Giving and Marketing and Communications teams, manages content creation and dissemination for letters, publications, website, events, etc.
- Develops and manages a robust donor impact reporting process designed to keep high-level donors informed and ensure that they feel appreciated regarding the impact of their gift on the College and the lives of their beneficiaries. Oversees full reporting process from initial data collection to mailing of physical reports.
- Cultivates, stewards and solicits a targeted pool of prospects, traveling to see them as appropriate.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), generous paid time off, employee and dependent tuition benefits, and discounted gym membership.
For full job description click here.
Saint Michael's College, inspired by our Edmundite Catholic mission, is committed to diversity and inclusion across our campus community. We are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural diversity of the nation, and we actively seek applications from underrepresented groups. Applicants are invited to include in their cover letter and other documents information about how they may contribute to our goal through their research, teaching and/or service.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on Apply Now button:
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact information for 3 references (reference letters may be requested of finalists at a later stage)
Review of applications will begin on July 3 and continue until position is filled.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communication, Public Relations, English or a related field.
- 3-5 years' experience in fundraising, marketing, public relations, and/or annual giving and stewardship.
- Higher Education experience preferred.
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background and driving record check.