Assistant Project Manager - Electrical
We are currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to help manage our electrical projects ranging from ($500K-$5m) within New York City (5 boroughs) and Westchester.
We are looking for goal oriented, self-starters with a great attention to detail.
Projects are educational, commercial and industrial. Projects will range from security system installation to fire alarm installation, to out of the ground electrical projects. Projects will range from renovations to schools, new school build outs, to dormitories, air terminal renovations to high rise construction. Projects will include planning, engineering, project scheduling, project cost containment and project closeout. Maintain quality control and safety in all aspects of the project.
Primary Job Duties:
- Preparing submittals of drawings, material and equipment cuts
- Submission of RFI's along with followup
- Preparation of change requests
- Manage and track and process time and material billing
- Track daily labor production
- Track all correspondence
- Preparing purchase orders and track associated vendor billing for same.
- Estimating and preparing change orders
- Pricing and billing extraneous work authorizations
- Reviewing project costs weekly
- Preparing requisitions and tracking cash flow by project.
- Preparing electrical and fire alarm permits.
- Preparing close out documents, i.e. as build drawings, OM manuals, training, panel schedules etc.
Construction and Projects:
- Work with project engineer to review and approve written specifications for all installations
- Prepare scope of work and bid documents
- Prepare and monitor project budgets
- Develop project schedule and monitor/update as project progresses
- Solicit vendor and contractor proposals
- Be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of activities
- Facilitate project team and client meetings effectively
- Hold regular status meetings with client team and management and distribute meeting minutes
- Keep project team well informed of changes and updates
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to project team & superiors
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Excellent understanding of electrical code and proper means and methods.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to write succinct yet detailed arguments when presenting proposals for out of scope work.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational skills
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Excel, Work, MS Project a must!
- Proficiency in the use of Timberline project management software
- Should plan on working from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. as well as beyond those times as needed.
- Minimum two years experience in construction industry
Corporate Electric Group, Inc. is a commercial electrical contractor in the New York City metro area. Project types range from office and retail renovations to new construction of residential, medical and educational facilities.
New Rochelle, NY
Sun, 2 Jul 2017 09:28:58 PDT