Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager to become a part of our team! You will perform a variety of engineering and operational tasks related to the design & manufacture of custom equipment in support of customer NPI operations.
- Develop conceptual design solutions to customer specifications & requirements
- Hands-on development, evaluation & iteration on engineering prototypes
- Generate manufacturing documentation for fabrication / assembly / test / etc.
- Coordinate external RFQ processes
- Subcontract vendor management
- Operational responsibilities related to material work flow through manufacturing processes
- Identify & implement relevant technologies to streamline manufacturing work-flow & improve operational efficiency
- Other responsibilities, as applicable, in support of company objectives
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a dynamic & fast-paced work environment
- We are open to combinations of previous experience, however should include one or more of the following:
- Previous equipment engineering experience
- Previous field service engineer experience
- Previous operations manager role in contract manufacturing environment
- Recent 3D CAD modeling AND 2D detailing experience required - SolidWorks preferred
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including machining, welding, etc. - and ability to design for manufacturability
- Familiarity with manufacturing operations in a contract manufacturing or job-shop environment
- Familiarity with pneumatic & hydraulic power systems and common components associated with said systems
- Basic familiarity with electric circuits, common power distribution & control components
This is a full-time position with salary DOE. Particular emphasis will be placed on operations or manufacturing experience.
KL Engineering, Inc. designs, builds & integrates custom manufacturing equipment in support of NPI manufacturing operations across a broad range of industries including: Aerospace, Consumer Electronics, Transportation, Energy Storage, Medical Device & Alternative Energy, among others. We are a preferred supplier to many top-tier OEMs & CMs in Silicon Valley and beyond, with a reputation for top-notch service, quality and a commitment to on-time delivery.
KLE's recent projects include:
- Design, fabrication & integration of complex material handling equipment for aerospace ground support
- Design, fabrication & integration of semi-automated assembly equipment for NPI consumer electronics line build-out
- Design, fabrication & integration of semi-automated assembly equipment for NPI medical device manufacturing development line
- Design, fabrication & integration of large power distribution & control cabinets for vacuum deposition process control
- Design, fabrication & integration of automated cycle-test equipment for HALT testing purposes
- Design, fabrication & integration of ruggedized power & communications equipment for remote terrestrial aerospace ground testing.
- Design & fabrication of complex plate / structural steel weldments for automotive structure test platform.
- Fabrication of complex prepreg composite structures (fiberglass + carbon) for military applications.
In support of KLE's design / build projects, we perform most fabrication & manufacturing tasks in-house - including CNC machining, waterjet cutting, welding, control panel build, etc. We currently have other openings available for manufacturing positions - contact us for details.
Santa Clara, CA
Wed, 5 Jul 2017 17:59:21 PDT