Manufacturing Engineer - Weld / FAB/ Machine Shop
Purpose of Position
- Provide sustaining engineering support to manufacturing for new and existing product
- To develop, implement, and maintain the processes and equipment necessary to produce products meeting customer's expectations
- Drive development and continuous improvements in Operations processes and methods to ensure SQDIP performance
- Provide and facilitate input between internal/external cross-functional partners to increase the quality and manufacturability of products
- Develop, operate and maintain a safe and effective workplace, consistent with Aquafine's business strategies and values
II. Key Responsibilities
- Champion for implementation and sustainment of Lean Conversion kaizen in Assembly, Weld, Fabrication, and Machine Shop
- Lead kaizen events and sustainment of results
- Resolution of problems utilizing the Danaher problem solving process
- Lead implementation of new products into manufacturing through effective collaboration with development engineers, product management, and operations management.
- Work with cross functional teams to attain buy-in to necessary changes in processes
- Effective collection and transformation of data into information for use by associates and management with differing technological backgrounds and skill levels
- Provide training to shop floor associates
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and training for Production associates.
- Support workplace health and safety, ensuring all new equipment and processes are safe and ergonomically designed.
- Accountable for operations quality KPI's (Out of Box Failures, First Pass Yield, etc.).
- Responsible for developing and managing test methods for products built in the shop.
- Design and implement jigs, guards, and fixtures to aid associates.
- Drive improvements in quality issues and first pass yield of systems on the floor by utilizing DBS tools.
- Confers with purchasing team and suppliers to ensure product specifications are met.
- Accountable for maintaining and supporting Aquafine's ISO9001 based quality system.
- Works with area production management to ensure team meets on-time delivery objectives.
- Responsible for championing/support the introduction of new products within Production.
- Design and establish manufacturing work flow to support customer demand.
- Create and maintain documented work instructions to support standard work.
- Responsible for executing data-drive action plans to improve Standard Work and lead time reductions
- Operations Managers
- Product Management
IV. Measures of Performance
- Performance measured based on performance against individual improvement plans and Departmental Key Performance Indicators.
V. Background and Skill
- B.S. or equivalent in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Physical Sciences (or equivalent experience)
- 5 years experience in related manufacturing business preferred.
- Previous experience in ISO 9001 environment preferred.
- Good communication (verbal and written). Must be able to communicate effectively with both management and associates.
- Data and fact-based problem solving skills with ability to effectively report findings and recommendations.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to lead teams in hands-on activities.
- Strong computer skills. (Excel, Access, Word, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Ability and desire to assume increased responsibilities with the growth of the organization.
Aquafine Corporation is the leading provider of innovative industrial fluid treatments using ultraviolet (UV) technology.
We develop high-performance, eco-friendly products for today',s most demanding UV applications. Whether disinfection, total oxidizable carbon (TOC) reduction, chlorine and chloramines destruction, ozone destruction, or advanced oxidation processes (AOP), our products provide effective UV treatment. Aquafine',s engineers also understand and adhere to global health, safety and environmental standards across various industries and create solutions that exceed the demanding needs of our customers.
Santa Clarita, CA
Sat, 24 Jun 2017 15:48:36 PDT