Adjunct Faculty - Respiratory Care
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-069
Posting Start Date: 7/6/2017
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $41.55 - $52.20 / hour
Adjunct Faculty - Respiratory Care
Under the general direction of the Associate Dean this position will be responsible for the instruction of students in the discipline of Respiratory Care.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsibilities in both instruction and or clinical coordination.
- Duties involve organizing and providing educational experiences leading to student credentialing and gainful employment in Respiratory Care, establishing program admission criteria, recruitment of student, instruction in the clinical curriculum, and application and maintaining accreditation status.
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session and throughout the semester
- Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework.
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials and make sure they are available through the College's Learning Management System.
- Advise learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals.
- Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning.
- Provide timely, thoughtful and constructive feedback to learners
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) years proven current Respiratory Therapy experience
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current Maryland Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Two (2) years of teaching or clinical coordination experience in Respiratory Care program are preferred
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation training
- Current immunization, vaccination and/or titers for: seasonal Flu, Measles-Mumps-Rubella, Hepatitis B
- Background check and toxicology report results consistent with those providing instruction in the hospital setting
- Computer literacy; experience working with personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to the philosophy of the community college
- Work experience in a multicultural environment
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.