HS Assistant or Associate Clinical Professor - Pediatrics
Open March 8th, 2017 through October 31st, 2017
The Gavin Herbert Eye Institute at the University of California, Irvine, is seeking candidates for a fulltime position as Health Sciences Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus.
Candidates must have an MD degree and be licensed or be eligible for licensure by the California Medical Board. Candidates must have training in comprehensive ophthalmology with fellowship training in pediatric ophthalmology. Demonstrated capabilities for teaching and professional service are required. Duties will include patient care in addition to sharing in the responsibility for didactic and clinical training of fellows, residents, and medical students. Research is not a mandatory requirement for this position; however the department encourages research and/or creative activity. . Leadership opportunity exists to continue ongoing investigations including Myectomy as a novel surgical approach to nystagmus, and Epidemiologic studies on the prevalence of vision disorders in the 3-5 year old children in Orange County and the Eye Mobile Program. Programs in formulation include a customized clinic for children with Special Needs and a multispecialty clinic for Thyroid Eye Disease.
Interested candidates should apply through our online system located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03883.
Please complete an online application profile and upload the following applications materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and address of 3 - 5 references
- Diversity statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion should be included in the application materials.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now