Adminstrative Assistant Part-time
Are you an outgoing, fast-paced, detail-oriented team player? Do you want to work for a company that was just named one of the Best Companies to Work For in the DC area by the Washington Post? Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team that wants to make a difference? This is a great opportunity!
**part time 20 to 24 hours per week (4 to 5 days p/week)
**located at corporate headquarters in Herndon, VA
- Responsible for reception and telephone duties.
- May be required to make meeting and travel arrangements.
- Responsible for sorting and distributing mail.
- Administers office operations or specialized business functions.
- May perform personal executive secretarial services under limited direction.
- Prepare presentations, special reports, memoranda, transcribing, and word processing, compose letters and routine correspondence, and researching information
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required, business school or Associates' degree a plus
- 3-4 years' experience in administrative support
- Must be able to type 40-45 words per minute
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- No travel
- Must be able to lift 10lbs
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Strayer has been educating the working adult for 125 years! We make a difference in people's lives. Be a part of the winning team!
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.