DEVELOPMENT OFFICER I - JEWISH LIFE AT DUKE
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER I - JEWISH LIFE AT DUKE
Jewish Life @ Duke
Scope of Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Associate Director for External Relations to coordinate and implement a comprehensive external relations plan including outreach, communication and fundraising efforts for Jewish Life at Duke University.
- Participate in fundraising efforts including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship to raise funds to support Jewish Life at Duke. Implement outreach efforts to current stakeholders and future stakeholders including parents, alumni and donors as well as prospective parents and students.
- Implement communication plan for parents, alumni and donors.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Office of University Development, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, across the University and in the community to promote Jewish Life at Duke.
- This position reports to the Associate Director for External Relations for Jewish Life at Duke.
Assist with planning, coordinating and implementing fundraising efforts for annual operating support as well as new and ongoing programs.
Fundraising efforts include identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors by phone, regular written communication and face-to-face meetings across the country and on campus.
Use current information management tools to effectively track and acknowledge gifts. Assist with planning, coordinating, promoting and implementing events aimed at donor cultivation, stewardship, and recognition, including reunion weekends and homecoming. Work with Board members as well as alumni and parent volunteers to raise funds for Jewish Life at Duke.
Design, plan, coordinate, promote and implement outreach program aimed at increasing the profile of Jewish Life at Duke and Duke University to prospective students across the country and on campus.
In conjunction with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, participate in Discover Duke programs and other recruitment events across the country to raise the profile of Jewish Life at Duke. Meet with and serve as resource for prospective students and parents at college fairs, high schools, and on campus.
Utilize system to track outreach efforts and their effectiveness. Prepare reports that reflect current efforts with appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions.
Serve as liaison to Board members as well as alumni and parent volunteers to raise Jewish Life at Duke's profile and promote good-will. Oversee network of Jewish Life at Duke "ambassadors" and assist and direct their outreach efforts.
Assist the Associate Director for External Relations with the coordination and implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy plan for parents, alumni, prospective students, and donors.
Oversee all aspects of production, including writing and editing content and managing distribution, for monthly e- newsletter, website, advertisements, emails, direct mail, brochures, and other marketing materials.
Attend occasional student programs and events to gain first-hand knowledge of Jewish student experience on campus.
Other duties as assigned as a staff member of Jewish Life at Duke at major programs and events.
Adhere to policies and procedures of Jewish Life at Duke, the Division of Student Affairs, the Office of University Development and Duke University. 5%
Bachelor's degree required
Work generally requires 3 years of progressive fund raising and/or marketing and communications experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Job-Specific Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfort with public speaking.
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop and maintain successful relationships with parents, alumni, donors, colleagues, students, staff and other key constituencies.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as a willingness and ability to master DADD and other SAP- based database tools.
- Working knowledge and experience with email marketing and social media tools.
- Graphic design ability helpful.
- Excellent organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines.
- Moderate knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture, observance and history.
- Periodic seasonal travel required totaling approximately 4 weeks per year.
1926 DEVELOPMENT OFFICER I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires the skills and knowledge normally acquired throughcompletion of a Bachelor's degree.
3 years progressive fund raising/customer relations/marketing or salesand promotions experience in team environment. Proven verbal andwritten communication skills and computer experience with Windowsenvironment. Occasional travel required.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.