Duke Performances is seeking a meticulous, imaginative & ever-prompt GRAPHIC DESIGNER to join our dynamic & collaborative team.
1. Design printed materials for Duke Performances including, but not limited to, season brochures, advertisements (print & digital), postcards, banners, show programs, posters & miscellaneous other promotion. (25%)
2. Define Duke Performances visual brand; articulate & document that brand for colleagues & collaborators. (15%)
3) Maintain all visual elements of Duke Performances' website, updating content on an as-needed basis. (10%)
4) Manage Duke Performances' e-mail marketing templates, ensuring accurate delivery of visual materials working with e- mail marketing vendor (MyEmma) to ensure efficient delivery of desired look. (10%)
5) Coordinate photo & video documentation of selected Duke Performances' presentations. (10%)
6) Provide design direction to freelance graphic designers / design agencies when volume of Duke Performances' work exceeds a viable threshold. (determined in conjunction with DP Marketing Director & Executive Director) (10%)
7) Work with Duke Procurement Services to secure best rates & highest quality on Duke Performances' printmaterials. (5%)
8) Oversee the distribution of print marketing materials both locally & via USPS. (5%)
9) Assist Duke Performances' Marketing Director on various marketing, public relations & production duties as assigned. (5%)
10) Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. (5%) Work requires an elevated aesthetic sensibility, a knowledge of the performing arts, an expert facility with typography & a wide ranging mastery of visual styles; these skills are generally acquired through completion of bachelor's degree in either design or studio arts. Seeking a candidate with at least3-5 years design experience, including work on 40+ page booklets/brochures, multi- platform marketing campaigns & demonstrated engagement with the performing arts. Candidate ought to have experience working as part of a collaborative team.
Mastery of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Lightroom. Working knowledge of of WordPress, HTML & CSS. Desired: Experience/Interest in digital photography & video.
ABOUT DUKE PERFORMANCES
Duke Performances is the professional performing arts presenting organization at Duke University DP is committed to presenting willfully eclectic, forward-thinking performing arts of the highest quality. Through superb performances, outstanding visiting artist residencies, and the development and commissioning of exciting new work, Duke Performances is forging a culture that vigorously supports live performance and encourages meaningful engagement with the Duke campus and Durham community.
Annually, Duke Performances offers a robust season of 70-80 world-class performances, making extensive use of a network of Duke and Durham venues, and presenting artists spanning classical, new music, jazz, Americana, independent rock, international music, theater, and dance.
1266 PROMOTIONS SPECIALIST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.