CAREER SPECIALIST, SENIOR
CAREER SPECIALIST, SENIOR
Career Management Center
Assistant Director for Business Development, MQM Career Management Center Duke University's Fuqua School of Business
This position will build the presence of Fuqua's new Master of Quantitative Management (MQM) program in the employment marketplace through developing recruiting partnerships, educating employers on the capabilities of MQM graduates, and executing marketing initiatives.
The selected candidate provides leadership for assessing, creating, implementing, and measuring a comprehensivestrategy to build an MQM recruiting portfolio. While the position could possibly become full-time and/or permanent, it is initially set as half-time (20 hours per week) for a 16 - 18 month duration and reports to the Director of Employer Engagement and Operations.
Skills, Qualifications, and Job Requirements
Graduate degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years business development, marketing, sales, or corporate recruiting experience
- Experience in or exposure to Human Resources, Recruiting, and other hiring channels and processes to identify decision makers and influencers within organizations o Familiarity with U.S. visa requirements desired, to educate employers on hiring international students
- Strong portfolio of communication skills, from stand-up presentations to writing to direct outreach
- Skills in market analysis and research
- Exposure to the emerging role of analytics in business today highly desired, to rapidly understand and identify target companies and job types and to effectively message to prospective employers
- Sharp customer focus (in this case, the current or prospective employer)
- Interaction with corporate recruiters, alumni, staff, and students is integral to the position, so strong interpersonal and team skills are essential
- Some travel may be required
- Craft a strategic business development plan that guides and prioritizes efforts.
- Research industries and companies and survey student interests to create target company list and to update and refresh targets periodically.
- Set appropriately aggressive goals for outreach and results.
- Identify process to coordinate and track business development activity.
- Establish and monitor metrics for reporting the success of business development efforts.
- Seek opportunities within Duke and Fuqua to integrate MQM business development into existing activities.
- Collaborate with CMC, Fuqua staff, and Fuqua student club leaders to leverage existing resources, events, and relationships in MQM business development efforts.
- Train CMC staff and others on MQM messaging to raise awareness and enhance consistency.
- Work with key departments such as Corporate Relations and Development and Alumni Relations to maximize value for companies and to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Conduct visits to prospective recruiters for the purpose of developing new partnerships and deepening existing relationships. Serve as initial contact for new recruiters to shape initial strategy and to transition relationship over to account manager if/when appropriate. While primary focus is promoting MQM program, represent Fuqua and Duke broadly and make referrals and connections where opportunities exist for students and alumni of other programs.
- Act as liaison to the Fuqua Marketing Communications team to manage the creation of print publications and online tools to educate employers about the benefits of hiring MQM graduates.
- Share results of business development within the CMC, MQM Program, and other Fuqua staff and faculty. Identify channels for raising awareness of our efforts, successes, and job opportunities with MQM students.
2388 CAREER SPECIALIST, SENIOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires communications, analytical and organizationalskills acquired through completion of a master's degree.
Work requires one year of experience in a placement or other studentservices function to gain considerable knowledge of career counselingand placement programs.Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.