RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Duke Human Vaccine Institute - Admin
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II (ANIMAL)
Perform a variety of duties in Dr. Laurent Verkoczy's laboratory using mice as immunization models to study broadly neutralizing antibody responses or HIV vaccine development.
- Process samples of various mouse immune tissues for downstream assays, including flow cytometry, cell culturing, DNA extractions, serum collection, etc..
- Assist with mouse husbandry duties including anesthesia, ear tagging/tattooing, sample collections, and euthanasia
- Assist with performing immunogen formulations, mouse immunizations including IM, IP and IV injections, and adoptive transfers of bone marrow cells into irradiated mouse recipients
- Assist with record keeping of mouse colony including performing genotyping, updating the genotyping database, and generating/updating immunization schedules
- Assist in tracking and accession of immunogens/adjuvants, organizing/storing mouse tissue samples, and developing manifests for shipping samples to collaborating labs
- Confer with supervisor and senior lab staff in helping to review and develop plans for mouse immunization studies and colony maintenance.
- Contribute to regular, detailed reports for laboratory staff and collaborators.
- Work requires Bachelor's degree in animal science, biology, zoology or other scientific related field.
- RVT, LAT or ALAT desirable.
- Work requires two years of experience in a laboratory, animal care facility or related setting (at least one of which was in a lab animal, desirable).
- Background in animal laboratory science and/or experience working with mice is preferred. 2+ years of experience is a plus
- Must be detail-oriented, very well organized, and approach laboratory procedures with critical thinking of the technical aspects
- Must adhere to strict safety requirements
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an interactive team environment.
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.