DATABASE ANALYST II - SCHOOL OF NURSING
DATABASE ANALYST II - SCHOOL OF NURSING
SON-FACULTY AND STAFF
Individual will lead efforts in the importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data. Individual will also serve as Honest Broker, providing support for Duke School of Nursing Research Projects. Candidate must have experience designing, authoring and maintaining multi-platform job-based workflows; be experienced with data analysis coding languages, tools, and applications as well as building REDCap databases. Participates in all aspects of project development including; analysis, development, testing, documentation and deployment. Has the ability to troubleshoot complex problems with minimum supervision and is willing to support and make enhancements to existing applications. Works well with customers, project team leaders, developers and other support groups. This position reports to the Director, Research Oversight and Compliance.
1. Attends strategy sessions and responsible for execution of prioritized research initiatives.
2. Serve as a principal conduit between project/service functional stakeholders and the technical team delivering or developing the research solution, working under guidance of a project- specific sponsor representing DUHS-ACE and DUSON.
3. Identify, organize and integrate appropriate secondary data (electronic health record data elements) and other electronic reports as requested for research analysis.
4. Work on data mining and migration for various projects
5. Design, develop, and maintain databases (REDCap, Access) for multiple studies. Assist and advise study teams regarding data collection best practices. Test and debug projects to verify their accuracy and completeness; maintain and revise existing projects to ensure operating proficiency or to adapt to new study requirements. Reprogram/modify the database as needed in order to collect all required study data. Work with DOCR on pushing projects to production and follow REDCap policies and procedures.
6. Collaborate with appropriate technical staff within and outside DUSON andthe DHTS to ensure that requirements for solutions are well understood; serves as a translator of, and advocate for, principle investigator requirements.
7. Develop user acceptance test cases mapped back to functional requirements to validate solution against functional requirements. Assist in coordinating user acceptance testing and other quality assurance activities.
8. Manage workflow and consistently meets agreed upon deadlines. Escalate issues, concerns and barriers to key Center for Nursing Research (CNR) leaders. Assist and, as assigned, lead the prioritization of tasks/assignments. Develop and implement communication plans to all stakeholder groups and manages customer and stakeholder expectations.
9. Review metrics and share interpretations with CNR Leadership.
10. Help to automate processes and create new processes/procedures.
11. Support the DUSON Data mart team in development operations. Create and maintain appropriate design documentation and requirements for developers.
12. Prepare documentation as assigned by a project manager or leaders.
13. Maintain relevant and current knowledge regarding the reporting applications, databases, and operating systems related to clinical research reporting.
Preferred: Master's degree in a relevant or technical field
Skilled at coding. Solid SQL skills, experience with data management including Oracle, Oracle Locater and SQL preferred. Usage and familiarity with scripting languages a plus.
Knowledge of web architecture, application development, and security procedures
Prefer skills in REDCap database building
Understanding of relational database concepts and products
Strong knowledge of research and analytic methods, statistics and presentation techniques
Healthcare/research industry experience required
Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
Excellent written and oral communication skills in a technical or healthcare environment
Ability to work well in interdisciplinary groups, ability to present technical results to a non-technical audience
Prior experience with clinical, EHR and/or administrative health data preferred. EPIC experience preferred.
Ability to handle a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously and prioritize competing deadlines
Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft and/or web-based software programs for database support and management. Proficiency with Visio a plus.
Prefer candidate with prior knowledge of compliance and privacy policies and standards
Statistical and business analysis software skills (e.g., SAS, R, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Tableau, Business Objects) for processing, analyzing, and presenting data.
2293 DATABASE ANALYST II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, or a computer-related field.
Work requires 4 years of progressive programming or database administration experience to include design, implementation, tuning, backup, recovery, modification and reorganization of relational databases for a complex computer network. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.