Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and New York State Registered Professional Nurse. Three (3) years of full time clinical nursing experience which includes administrative and supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
Additional full time clinical nursing experience. Additional administrative and supervisory experience. Experience in a multi-physician ambulatory medical office. Experience with financial management and clinical protocol management. Familiarity with IDX or another electronic scheduling system. Experience with Patient Keeper or another electronic billing system. Familiarity with Stony Brook's processes.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Nurse Supervisor will provide direction, supervision and coordination of LPN and clinical support staff duties and coverage to ensure seamless flow at the clinic. Acts as a liaison between clinic and outside providers for referrals. Works collaboratively with management to ensure standards of care and quality services are provided. Ensures that direct patient care (phlebotomy, spirometry, recording vitals and specimen collection) meet regulatory standards and that medical records are complete (including data entered into Trial DB and EMR). Ensures adequate inventory of clinic supplies and maintenance of machines. The incumbent must possess excellent communication and computer skills. S/he must be extremely organized, detail oriented and a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
The Nurse Supervisor will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate clinic flow of patient activity on a daily basis to assure timely visits.
- Coordinate Physician, NP and LPN schedules to ensure appropriate coverage and make adjustments due to unforeseen staffing shortages.
- Work closely with Clinical Administrative Supervisor to ensure patient and physician communication procedures are in place and effective.
- Maintain and ensure that standards of care and quality services are provided in accordance with Stony Brook policies.
- Provide direct patient care working with staff in the clinic as needed.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate WTC Health Program clinical support staff, primarily LPN’s, including: assisting with the hiring of new employees; securing and providing on-going training; generating performance plans; completing performance appraisals and keeping staff attendance records.
- Work with the referral team to ensure medical referrals and follow-up procedures are in place and effective.
- Review lab results.
- Supervise Pharmaceutical Specialists and ensure medication logs are updated and maintained.
- Assist SBU in maintaining compliance by completing initial and annual competency forms for LPNs.
- Responsible for general administration including clinical facilities and equipment maintenance, computer access/operations, clinical inventory control and ensuring adequate clinic supplies including ordering of flu shots and pneumovax, spirettes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Occasional Saturdays will be required. This position is located in Commack, NY. Occasional travel between the Commack and Mineola clinics will be required. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free starting January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Nursing Administrator
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Commack
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:00-4:30Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Jul 6, 2017
Posting End Date: Jul 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: $78,600-$95,000 / Annual @ 1.0 FT CWE
Salary Grade: E99