Electrical Project Manager - Construction
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage our electrical projects ranging from ($500K-$5m) within New York City (5 boroughs) and Westchester. Projects are educational, commercial and industrial. Projects will range from security system installation to fire alarm installation, to out of the ground electrical projects. Projects will range from renovations to schools, new school build outs, to dormitories, air terminal renovations to high rise construction. Projects will include planning, engineering, project scheduling, project cost containment and project closeout. Maintain quality control and safety in all aspects of the project.
Primary Job Duties:
- Client Relations
- Project Scope Review
- Contract Review
- Preparing Requests for Information and tracking their status
- Preparing Submittals and tracking their status of approval
- Negotiation of the purchase of major items
- Attending weekly job site meetings, Attending weekly company meetings to review project status
- Estimating and preparing change orders
- Pricing and billing extraneous work authorizations
- Reviewing project costs weekly
- Preparing requisitions and tracking cash flow by project.
- Preparing electrical and fire alarm permits.
- Preparing close out documents, i.e. as build drawings, OM manuals, training, panel schedules etc.
Construction and Projects:
- Work with customer and project engineer to review and approve written specifications for all installations
- Participate in engineering process to control cost and client budget requirements of project
- Prepare scope of work and bid documents
- Prepare and monitor project budgets
- Develop project schedule and monitor/update as project progresses
- Solicit vendor and contractor proposals
- Provides technical evaluation of subcontractor and equipment proposals
- Provide technical interpretation of design documents in support of installation foremen
- Prepare material take-off and initiate and prepare requisitions for the procurement of services, materials and equipment necessary to support the project schedule
- Monitor and inspect construction to ensure compliance with design documents
- Prepare punch list to ensure the readiness of systems for turn over to the client
- Ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget
- Be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of activities
- Facilitate project team and client meetings effectively
- Hold regular status meetings with client team and management and distribute meeting minutes
- Keep project team well informed of changes and updates
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to project team & superiors
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Excellent understanding of electrical code and proper means and methods.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to write succinct yet detailed arguments when presenting proposals for out of scope work.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational skills
- Experience in computer applications such as Excel, Work, MS Project
- Proficiency in the use of Timberline project management software
- Daily travel, within territory, up to 50% may be required, so candidates should have their own car
- Should plan on spending 50% of time in the office working on project documentation.
- Should plan on working from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. as well as beyond those times as needed.
- Five to ten years project management experience
Corporate Electric Group, Inc. is a commercial electrical contractor in the New York City metro area. Project types range from office and retail renovations to new construction of residential, medical and educational facilities.
New Rochelle, NY
Sun, 2 Jul 2017 09:27:00 PDT