Information and Educational Technology Services, Department Head
University of Colorado Denver
Information and Educational Technology Services Department Head
Position #300194 - Requisition #10199
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Auraria Library has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Information and Educational Technology Services Department Head.
The University of Colorado Denver's Auraria Library is searching for an innovative and user focused Information and Educational Technology Services, Department Head. The Auraria Library is located on the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver, Colorado. The Library is administered by the University of Colorado Denver and serves over 45,000 students from three institutions of higher education on one campus - University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver.
The Auraria Library is newly renovated. For more information about the renovation, visit http://library.auraria.edu/renovations/phases/innovating-dreams.
The Information and Educational Technology Services, Department Head serves as Auraria Library's chief technology strategist. The Information and Educational Technology Services (IETS) Department's functional areas include; web services, desktop support and educational technologies. The IETS Department Head will play a key role in the development, implementation and support of the Library's digital scholarship initiatives. This position will liaise with the campus community to ensure that the Library is meeting the technological needs of the faculty, staff and students. The Information and Educational Technology Services, Department Head oversees the Library's $350,000 technology budget. The IETS Department consists of 7 full-time staff and 5-10 student employees. This position will directly supervise 4 full-time staff.
Examples of work performed:
- Strategic planning for the department, including setting priorities, assessing and anticipating needs, and improving processes.
- Personnel management, including annual reviews, professional planning and development, hiring, corrective action, and administrative functions.
- Project management, including planning, budgeting, implementation, and assessment.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders with multiple projects, institutions, and goals.
- Align our technology, spaces, and services to support the mission of the library.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $85,000 to $95,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for information technology and/or web services.
*Master's degree in computer science or related field may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
*Work experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for information technology and/or web services may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science or Computer Science.
- Five years of leadership experience in technology services.
- Experience working in higher education or a library setting.
- Experience with library technology systems and networks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 23, 2017. Those who do not apply by July 23, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30124 - AVC-OARS Library
Posting Date: Jul 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Shea Swauger
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00300194