University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Colorado in Denver, Colorado is seeking a full-time Dermatologist at the rank of Assistant to Associate Professor. This provider will see patients in our robust clinical practice. Working with outstanding physician/researchers and mid-level providers, our patients are seen primarily at the University of Colorado Hospital clinic, Denver Health and Hospitals and at the Denver VA clinic.
Duties in this faculty position will include teaching, research, and service responsibilities.
In addition, specific responsibilities will be as follows:
- This position is 80% clinical and 20% research.
- The supervision of dermatology residents in clinic, educating rotating medical students, teaching in journal club, basic science lectures and grand rounds.
- Teaching responsibilities will include teaching of students, residents, and fellows in clinic, mentorship of residents and fellows, and participation in didactic lectures for Dermatology and Pediatric residents.
- Physician will be expected to be involved in academic research activities.
An MD degree, Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Dermatology and eligibility for licensure to practice medicine in the State of Colorado.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Questions should be directed to Bobbi House at email@example.com.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09484
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kathleen Ryan Morgan
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00634722