Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
This position is expected to provide functional and technical expertise and support in the area of PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal/Interaction Hub, PeopleCode, various web technologies, and other Oracle and PeopleSoft technologies.
The position will play a key role in the development of new portal components and functionality using leading edge PeopleSoft technology including PeopleTools 8.55 and 8.56, Elastic Search, and Fluid. Additionally, the position provides initial triage of incoming trouble tickets as well as various types of testing that include unit, integration, functional, browser compatibility, and accessibility.
The ideal candidate will have experience with one or more PeopleSoft systems (Enterprise Portal/Interaction Hub, HCM, FIN, or Campus Solutions) along with strong verbal and written communication skills. The selected candidate will have interest or experience with creating:
- Functional requirements and/or Use Cases;
- Technical designs;
- User Interface designs via Universal design concepts
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Technical role includes development work, troubleshooting, and production support in a 24x7 environment
- Gather and analyze requirements to create technical designs to recommend and implement system enhancements and/or process improvements for business applications projects, including development of new applications and customizations to be integrated with existing applications
- Develop, test, debug, modify, and document PeopleSoft systems
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve enterprise application issues
- Participate in various types of testing as needed
Supervision Received and Exercised:
This position is supervised by the Assistant Director of Enterprise Portal & Mobile and does not have supervisory responsibilities. This position is exempt from the classified system.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement)
- 2+ years of PeopleSoft experience to include PeopleCode development, PeopleTools configuration, and PeopleTools Upgrades
- At least 2 years of experience in an Enterprise IT environment
- At least 2 years of experience with large scale projects, enhancements, upgrades and Production Support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years user interface and mobile site design, especially using Universal Design and Responsive Design concepts and guidelines
- 2+ years PeopleTools App Designer including Application Engine, Component Interfaces, and PeopleCode App Package and iScript
- Oracle PeopleSoft Interaction Hub v9.1 Feature pack 2
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- PeopleTools 8.55 including Fluid tile creation, configuration, and maintenance, XSL transformations, Pagelet Wizard
- Experience with Oracle databases, PS Query & complex SQL
- Functional and Technical documentation skills, which address the needs of the customer, including ability to write detailed test plans from requirements
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Thursday, July 20, 2017. Those who do not apply by July 20, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by July 20, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Jul 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00702809