Senior Business Professional
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health Dean's Administration
Senior Business Professional
Position # 735595 - Requisition 10210
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Dean's Administration has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior Business Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Senior Business Services Professional, within the Colorado School of Public Health Dean's Office, exists to provide the business services necessary to support and improve the administrative operations of the Dean's Office and School, while providing exceptional customer service support. This position is responsible for the independent management of business activities, administrative support, and event coordination. Responsibilities include planning and implementing special projects, developing and implementing improved processes, managing financial transactions, and analyzing and reviewing fiscal contracts and business needs to initiate new contracts at best negotiated rates. This position also participates as a member of the Dean's Office and assists the Executive Assistant and the School's Associate Deans with duties necessary to keep the office and school running smoothly and efficiently.
Examples of Work Performed
This position requires a substantial degree of independent action, diverse, and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for oversight of office management and the ability to coordinate effectively with the Executive Assistant and Associate Deans to achieve Dean's Office and School goals. Specific duties include:
- Independently manage the day-to-day operations of the Dean's Suite and serve as the primary point of contact for the Dean's Office.
- Plan and implement special projects for the Dean, Associate Deans, and Executive Assistant.
- Strategize, develop, implement, and improve processes to address the administrative needs of the Dean's Office and the School.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty and staff in the School, academic and non-academic unit heads, students, alumni, government and private agencies, and the public to ensure goals are met and problems are resolved.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the Dean's external Advisory Board.
- Analyze, review, and compare fiscal contracts and business needs to initiate new contracts at best negotiated rates.
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Deans.
- Provide administrative support to the Dean in the absence of the Executive Assistant.
- Responsible for attending various meetings and taking detailed minutes, as needed.
- Manage Dean's Office financial transactions including but not limited to Purchase Orders, Payment Vouchers, Non-Employee reimbursements, travel, honoraria, subcontracts, documentation, and compliance with all State and University rules and regulations regarding transactions.
- Manage the School's listserv.
- Oversee and resolve issues involving facilities management, health and safety, information technology, and telecommunications.
- Duties as needed to ensure efficient operations of the Dean's Office and School.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $43,000 to $50,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, communications, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years customer service experience in a professional setting.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with Marketplace, Concur, and other University systems.
- Prior experience working in higher education or a public health organization.
- Experience with event and meeting planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally with a variety of professionals, administrators, and constituent groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with faculty, staff, students, school campuses, university administrators, vendors, and contractors at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills that include exercising tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities and coordinate multiple highly detailed projects simultaneously.
- Proficient computer knowledge and skills with MS Office application, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Elizabeth Wyatt, Elizabeth.A.Wyatt@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July, 10 2017. Those who do not apply by July 10, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20133 - CSPH-Dean General Operation
Posting Date: Jul 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Elizabeth Wyatt
Posting Contact Email: Elizabeth.A.Wyatt@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00735595