ITS END USER SERVICES TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
JOB NO.: 91144-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SMPH/FAMILY MED/INFO SYS
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91144-AS
Working Title: ITS End User Services Technology Support
Official Title: ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Hiring Department: A532002-MEDICAL SCHOOL/FAMILY MED/INFO SYS
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 25, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, math, engineering or related field required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Basic knowledge in troubleshooting and repairing PC and Mac computer hardware required.
- Basic knowledge in troubleshooting, installing and use of Microsoft and Apple operating systems and use of Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Basic knowledge in the use of Internet applications such as e-mail and web browsers required.
- Basic knowledge in troubleshooting PDA hardware and software required.
- Experience with survey software and reference applications required.
- Knowledge of Desktop operating systems: Windows 7 and Apple OS X.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects desired.
- Knowledge of Altiris Deployment desired.
- Knowledge of Domain structure and permissions desired.
- Knowledge of Workstation virtualization desired.
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting complex hardware and software desired.
- Basic understanding of Ruby on Rails programming language and MVC architecture.
This position functions as entry-level technology support within the ITS End User Services Team for nine sites within the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health (DFMCH) (five in the Madison/Dane County area). This position reports to and works under the general supervision of the IT Services Director and requires a broad knowledge of general IT concepts, principles, practices, techniques, and experience spanning multiple technologies across data network, file server, hardware, and software platforms.
Primary responsibilities of this position include workstation support (PC and Mac), managing workstation imaging, updating and developing, technology training and mobile device support for residents, faculty and staff, support for MS Office suite applications and survey tools and performing other miscellaneous projects.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
- Strong and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and establish and maintain relationships with management and staff.
- Commitment to service, quality, and departmental core values.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply, please click on Apply Now and follow the instructions to submit a cover letter and resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 06 Jul 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 20 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time