Peer Tutor - Russian
- Tutor Students enrolled in JCCC Russian classes 6 hours per week.
- Visit Russian classes to announce/advertise tutoring services.
- Assist in the Language Resource Center as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of materials in tutoring area.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum completion of Elementary Russian I and Elementary Russian II (10 hours) or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Russian
- Ability to work independently but take direction as needed
- Ability to learn and utilize effective tutoring techniques following best practices
- Prior tutoring experience preferred but not required
- Current JCCC student preferred but not required
- Additional credit hours in Russian beyond elementary Russian I and II preferred but not required.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
$11.50 / hour
Hours per Week
Varies based on course offerings
Applicants should be prepared to participate in a mock student tutorial. Please submit resume and cover letter.