Academic and Financial Assistant
Salary: $45,624 - $65,436
Title: Academic and Financial Assistant
Department: Comp Lit & For Lang/Hisp Admin
Date Posted: 07/06/2017
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Financial and Administrative Officer of the Comp Lit/Hispanic Studies Administrative Unit, provides fiscal, payroll, and human resource services. Administers and coordinates complex academic appointments and curriculum needs as well as fiscal support and stability within the unit. The incumbent's role of service is critical to the overall mission of the Administrative Unit in facilitating and enhancing academic support towards quality teaching, strong research and service, while complying with applicable University policies and procedures, granting agencies' regulations, and adhering to the highest standards of ethics. The incumbent acts in accordance with the Comp Lit/Hispanic Studies Administrative Unit's overall mission statement.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree with a major in a related field, and two years of closely related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to interpret policies and procedures related to finance, purchasing, travel, academic personnel, and payroll.
Competent in managing assigned projects; ability to analyze a complex situation, gather relevant data, evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
Demonstrated knowledge/application of general payroll and personnel polices, including knowledge of bargaining contracts and a good understanding of human resources principles; ability to maintain confidentially at all times.
Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with internal and external audiences.
Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to compose business correspondence, using correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Demonstrated experience working with progressively complex academic policies in a college or university setting. Knowledge of academic governance and academic personnel policies and processes related to recruitment, appointment and salary review.
Demonstrated ability to access and retrieve data from on-line data warehouse systems using UCR PC-based tools.
Ability to function independently and take responsibility for results.
Ability to prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner. Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access). Ability to present academic, personnel, and/or financial data, analyses and information in a clear and concise manner.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of UC policies and procedures related to finance, purchasing, travel, academic personnel, and payroll.
Demonstrated experience with UCR's on-line financial and academic systems.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview