Director, UCR Stewardship and Donor Relations
Salary: $60,100 - $89,200
Title: Director, UCR Stewardship and Donor Relations
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 07/06/2017
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Executive Director of UCR Foundation and Donor Relations, the Director of UCR Stewardship and Donor Relations is responsible for the conceptualization, planning, implementation, coordination, and monitoring of the UCR stewardship and donor relations program. In coordination with the Executive Director of Foundation and Donor Relations, incumbent provides strategic planning and leadership for an institution-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program, and creates and monitors a quantitative and qualitative measurement system to evaluate the effectiveness and success of all stewardship, donor relations, and recognition programs utilizing data to improve standards and further the success of fundraising goals. Cover letter is required.
Minimum Requirements: Solid written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen.
Solid skills in designing, developing and implementing alumni and external relations programs, events, and activities to advocate support for legislation favorable to the institution's goals and objectives.
Solid skills to effectively and appropriately represent and advocate for the campus and/or medical center with a variety of diverse publics and alumni groups.
Solid knowledge of organizational concepts and principles associated with managing a customer-service based program.
Solid knowledge of the fundamentals of personnel and budget administration and skill to effectively perform personnel and budget responsibilities.
Organizational, strategic planning and project management/leadership skills, including event planning skills.
Solid knowledge of the vision, goals, objectives, achievements, infrastructure, policies, and programs of the campus and/or medical center.
Solid negotiation skills and skills in problem recognition/avoidance/resolution.
Leadership/management skills, including skills to lead, direct, mentor, evaluate and motivate staff.
Possess traits of good judgment, confidentiality and discretion in communicating with colleagues and constituents.
Computer skills necessary to be successful in job.
Preferred Qualifications: Successful experience working with volunteer leaders and university administrators to ensure an integrated, organized effort.
Prior experience in planning and executing communications and marketing support for a comprehensive fund raising campaign, preferably for a college or university.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview