UE Assistant and Events Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
Undergraduate Education promotes student success by enriching the undergraduate experience and empowering students to reach their highest potential. Our students will become leaders, engaged global citizens, and life-long learners. Under the General Supervision of the CFAO Undergraduate Education and in direct support of the Vice Provost Undergraduate Education, provide critical executive-level assistance to the Vice Provost. Additionally, serve as the Event Coordinator for approximately 10 annual events hosted and presented by Undergraduate Education. Serve as the front receptionist in the Hinderaker Hall Office Suite of Undergraduate Education.
Provide critical and high-level administrative and programmatic support on a wide range of issues, projects, programs, and other matters relating to Undergraduate Education.
Work hours are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., with additional support required during key event activities; must be available to work Spring Quarter. Applicants will be required to complete a skills assessment as part of the selection process.
Demonstrated extensive and progressive experience providing administrative support to executive level administrators and project management; including experience in coordinating special events, appointments, meetings, and committees. Ability to handle complex appointment calendars that require frequent changes.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability in the following areas: fast, accurate typing; editing and proofreading; accurate usage of English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of people from all levels within the university community. Ability to interact diplomatically with diverse personalities and to exercise judgment and tact in interaction with executives, faculty, students, and colleagues.
Demonstrated experience with coordinating programs and events including logistics, participant recruitment, and meeting timelines, as well as implementation of processes and protocols.
Expert-level skills in the use of MS Office Suite, including word, excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ability to interpret policies and disseminate information to various constituents, including students, parents, faculty, and senior-level administrators.
Demonstrated ability to independently exercise discretion and sound judgment. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive/confidential information, issues, and requests. Ability to interpret policies and procedures.
Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently, and prioritize to meet deadlines with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
Ability to analyze/interpret information and determine issues requiring VP review/input/action. Ability to independently gather and compile data; compose correspondence and/or reports for the VP.
Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated prior experience and knowledge in higher education administration.
Experience with UC and UCR policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview