Administrative Assistant III, Westmont (P/T), CP1N21023CNTRS
Position requires a broad knowledge of College services, programs and resources in order to provide exceptional customer service and assist a diverse population. Assist as directed with day-to-day operation of the center in the Supervisor's absence.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant III, Westmont (P/T), CP1N21023CNTRS
Duties of Position:
- Establish a welcoming atmosphere by greeting people in a friendly, caring manner.
- Assist students, community members, faculty and staff with their questions and concerns, both in-person and over the telephone.
- Register students in person and by the telephone. Provide assistance with Internet registration. Process e-permits for late registration and withdrawals.
- Administer Compass placement tests, exit exams and TABE tests. Retrieve test scores and verify test eligibility, monitor testers, interpret test results and complete TABE registration form.
- Schedule counseling/advising appointments using SARS and make reminder calls to students.
- Provide emergency assistance according to policies and notify the Center Supervisor and other College offices of all emergency events. File "Accident and Incident Report" in the event of an accident.
- Secure building before closing which includes closing all windows, opening blinds and locking all internal and external doors. Activate security alarm system before leaving the building.
- Maintain effective communication with students, instructors and community patrons regarding pertinent center information.
- Provide referrals to other College of DuPage services and individuals.
- Monitor open computer lab, assist lab users with technology in the lab and maintain computer lab records.
- Determine student residency status and make updates to student record in Colleague as needed.
- Access course information and student enrollment via myACCESS and Colleague.
- Maintain adequate supplies of catalogs and schedules by contacting the appropriate office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
High School diploma.
One (1) year of customer service experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Some knowledge of Windows, MSOffice and keyboard skills.
Some college coursework and customer service training.
One (1) year of customer service experience in a higher education environment.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Monday and Wednesday 5PM - 10PM
Friday 4PM - 9 PM
Computer, printer, multi-line telephone, copier, audio visual equipment, fax machine and scanner.
Busy office setting with customer contact in person and on the telephone. Counter work which requires extensive knowledge of the College resources and multiple service functions in order to provide one stop service. Must have good listening skills and good command of English, both verbal and written.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Centers - CNTRS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt