Administrative Assistant VI (F/T), CF2N40752ARRI
To provide administrative support to the Vice President for Student Affairs. Act as a liaison with division administration and all units within the division relative to procedures, policies and planning. Handle confidential personnel and student issues. Involves a great amount of confidentiality and works autonomously requiring little supervision.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant VI (F/T), CF2N40752ARRI
Duties of Position:
- Act as office manager for Student Affairs Division and distribute work appropriately to other administrative assistants and student workers in the office. Work closely with other support staff to ensure streamlined and effective processes that deliver increase productivity.
- Assume responsibilities that necessitate individual initiative for daily workflow in the office, including developing and implementing procedures and changes as required.
- Assist the Vice President by ensuring all processes for contractual obligations, documents and meeting materials are prepared in advance to ensure deadlines are met by the Student Affairs Division.
- Handle all correspondence, directives, agendas, minutes and reports in written form, via audio dictation/transcription or verbal dictation; write, edit and proofread documents; compose memos and letters as required.
- Maintain the Vice President's calendar and schedule appointments; set-up conferences and meetings; make arrangements for all off-campus travel for the Vice President, Student Affairs.
- Act as a liaison with the Honors Program regarding recruitment of high achieving students. Complete eligibility reports for all high achieving students.
- Create electronic communications for students regarding information pertaining to student services; develop a timeline and send and post messages with the appropriate method at the appropriate time.
- Coordinate and prepare work on special projects for the Vice President and the President; coordinate and handle details for various committee meetings and luncheons including invitations, facility requests and dining services.
- Research and prepare special reports for the Vice President and the Cabinet.
- Prepare and exhibit materials for the Board of Trustees meetings, when necessary that pertain to the Student Affairs Division.
- Coordinate and monitor Student Affairs Division budgets by working with unit administrators, coordinators or managers to develop, load and monitor annual budget for the Student Affairs Division.
- Compile and provide Vice President, Student Affairs regular reports using the Maxient Student Complaint System.
- Assist the Vice President in developing Student Affairs Division Annual Plan and monitoring progress to prepare quarterly reports for submission to the Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
- Maintain established working relationships with external stakeholders such as School Superintendent Offices, the Illinois Student Assistance Commission, the College Board, the U.S. Department of Education, the Illinois Board of Higher Education, Community Advocacy Groups and other Colleges, Universities and local High Schools.
- Process all required paperwork for purchases, dining services, travel expenses, etc. in accordance with the College financial guidelines and directives.
- Distribute and collect administrator evaluation forms through Zoomerang. Compile results for review and type confidential administrator evaluations for employee files.
- Provide research support on competitor analysis and other administrative projects.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all constituencies served by the Office of Student Affairs.
- Participate on college-wide committees as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Four to five (4-5) years supporting Executive level personnel with experience in project, event and office management involving work with internal and external customers. Planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize, implement and follow through with multiple tasks. Self-motivated and goal oriented. Proficient in spoken and written English. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Attention to detail and accuracy. Proficient in MSOffice programs, email and Internet with two to three (2-3) years experience working with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Ability to create reports. Knowledge of College policies and procedures and internal organization.
High School graduate, plus two (2) years of college classes, with specialized training in secretarial and office skills and MSOffice, audio transcription, office practices, business English and accounting.
Five (5) or more experience in the above categories.
AA or BA.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, printer, calculator, typewriter, copier and FAX machine.
General office environment. Ability to work in an open environment with high level of visibility. 40 hours per week with occasional overtime required. Ability to interact well with senior management, faculty, students and community members.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Student Affairs - STUAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt