Assistant Manager - Aquatics (P/T), CP2N12103PHYS
Responsible for assisting in the daily operations and maintenance of pool and all pool systems and chemicals, including pool deck, pool balcony, locker rooms and storage areas. Provide leadership, supervision and scheduling of student lifeguards. Insure proper safety, security and sanitation for pool users.
Position Title: Assistant Manager - Aquatics (P/T), CP2N12103PHYS
Duties of Position:
- Assist in the day-to-day pool operations and monitoring of safety pool guidelines.
- Assists in hiring, training and scheduling certified lifeguards.
- Facilitate maintenance of pool and all pool areas and maintain proper pool chemistry and insure all safety requirements are met.
- Performs regular safety inspections of pool, equipment and locker rooms to reduce hazards and to provide maximum safety to the community.
- Maintain and record daily logs of pool chemistry levels, proper maintenance and usage, and insure quality health standards in accordance with the Health Department and other governing bodies.
- Assist in the monitoring and maintaining inventory of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
- Assist in conducting training of staff in water safety, wet area maintenance and insure that all staff certifications are maintained.
- Assist in liability risk management.
- Communicate and interact with instructors, community users, athletes, and rentals of pool regularly on proper pool usage and pool etiquette.
- Assist in the marketing of aquatics programs when needed.
- Serve as Lifeguard when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Minimum 1-2 years of Life Guard experience with some pool staff supervisory and/or pool management experience. Working knowledge of swimming pool filters, mechanical systems and the proper use of chemicals for proper water chemistry.
High School Diploma. Life Guard Certification, current First-Aid and CPR.
Two to five years of experience with pool operation and management.
Certified Pool Operator or equivalent, WSI lifeguard training or equivalent.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computers (knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel software), as well as general office equipment i.e., copy and fax machine; Computerized pool filtration system, pool vacuum, power washers, and other cleaning equipment and devices.
Staff is exposed to wet and humid conditions, as well as fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals. While performing duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts and pool mechanical systems. Days, nights and weekends as required.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Physical Education - PHYS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt