The University of North Alabama is accepting applications for the position of Web Developer.
General Description: Must be an expert in using the dynamic programming tools and languages that fuel the Web. Will work independently and as part of a team that builds and integrates interactive websites and web-based applications for both internal and public university sites. Will create and develop web applications and test them on various browsers, enhancing and modifying them as necessary to ensure the best experience for the user. Will code, test and support database-driven web applications. Will develop for and maintain our content management system, Cascade Server and our WordPress-based websites. Manage UNA’s social media accounts, and other digital marketing endeavors. Must be able to work with faculty to lead students in web development projects. Will perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience required;
• Three to five years of experience preferred;
• Experience developing for the Hannon Hill Cascade Server content management system preferred;
• Linux server management preferred;
• Social media best practices preferred;
• Knowledge of marketing principles preferred;
• Video production and editing a plus;
• Ability to effectively communicate project status, issues, and resolutions.
To vie the complete job description and/or apply, please visit our Online Employment System at http://jobs.una.edu/postings/4458. Please be prepared to upload a cover letter and resume at the time of application. For questions, please email email@example.com or call 256-765-4291 and select option #2.