Sheetmetal / Steel Fabrication Shop Supervisor
The Responsibilities of this position include hiring, planning, scheduling, organizing, training and over-all direction of day to day activities relating to production and equipment in the shop.
Our Company Motto is "INTEGRITY & INNOVATION"
WHO WE ARE
We are a reputable well established Design/build Industrial mechanical contractor, serving our Industrial, food processing, chemical, pharmaceutical, and packaging customers for over 30 years in San Francisco Bay Area and Nevada.
FROM DESIGN TO INSTALLATION
We have a 30,000 sq. ft Steel and Sheetmetal Fabrication shop which also supports our field installation crews.
We have been designing, fabricating and installing custom steel products and custom machinery for decades.
• Supervise and coordinate all activities of fabricators and welders in the shop and field.
• Responsible for safety, schedule and budget of all assigned work.
• Foster a climate of continuous improvement in safety, production, personnel relations, equipment, maintenance, and plant efficiency.
• Hire and train employees
• Reward and discipline employees.
• Assist in Planning and preparing fabrication shop schedules of all known and anticipated work, based on staffing and material resources.
• Layout mild steel and stainless steel heavy and light structure, frames, skids, piping, tanks, and other projects for fabrication. Including knowledge of machine set up
• Provide safety, equipment operation and procedural training to fabrication shop staff, as needed.
• 5-10 years of experience as a supervisor of (10) or more fabricators.
• 5-10 years of "HANDS-ON" experience in the layout, fitting, and welding of structural steel, pipe, plate and sheet metal.
• Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics.
• Working knowledge of all welding methods, procedures, and quality control.
• Working knowledge of all tools and equipment i.e.saws, iron workers, shears, breaks, welding equipment.
• The ability to communicate and work effectively with managers, field personnel, customers, and employees.
•Computer skills required to perform job duties
Preference for Autocad experience and/ or machine programming
WHAT WE OFFER
• Great work atmosphere with great people
• Competitive Salary
• Medical 100% paid for you and your children
• Dental 100% paid for you and your children
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Tool allowance
• Safety incentives
• Company truck
Sheetmetal , fabrication, steel, welder, shop superintendent , safety, foreman , foreperson, manager, fabricator
Industrial mechanical and general contractor
Metal / steel fabricator
Union City, CA
Wed, 5 Jul 2017 14:18:33 PDT